My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Manic Monday
Monday, March 5, 2007
Not just an 80's song but quite the truth for today. Today was the court date... and all night Sunday, Grim and I were very very twitchy thinking about it. I barely slept, he slept two hours. It was just a big mess. So we wake up early and get to the place on time. We meet his lawyer in the elevator. She's a very nice young woman with a nervous habit of shaking really badly. I seemed to have been the only one that spotted that. So I was a bit nervous that the lawyer was shaking, she was speaking confidently enough, no tremor patterns so I figure she has a tic. She was very confident that the case would go well. She said the only problem he may have is his age but it's proven that his pain levels are not that of a man capable of full time or part time employment. Grim walked out seemingly as satisified as one can be in his situation. The last judge he dealt with was mean to him, this one was casual and comfortable. So we hear results in a month or 6 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Downer to the hole thing, they wouldn't let me have my knitting needles in there. Blegh. I had to read instead, not a bad trade but I would have rather soothed my panic with knitting.

On another note, I somehow managed to throw out my back. Yeah me! -=giggle=- I am not to worried and for now it isn't hurting. Thanks Hydrocodone! I need to make an appointment with the chiropractor and we'll get this taken care of.

I added another person to my stitch for chicks list. My mom. She had mentioned that she wanted a hat to go with her new jacket. Well I am knitting her gloves and perhaps a hat. I am not sure if she'll go for the yarn I picked out originally so I may have to go yarn shopping again. Oh...Darn. -=giggle=-
Here's what I have so far.

I will admit I am a little awed with the perfect rib stitching on this one. I have never been one to rib stitch or at least rib stitch correctly. Somehow this managed to come out perfect. I have to wait to hear back from the board about the next course of action though. I don't know what they mean by turn when making the thumb. At the moment I can't find the name of the book that has the pattern in it. Grrr. Oh well, I am going to the library to pick up some Dahl books so I'll look for it and post the name of the book.

The poncho has become my Charmed companion. Grim has even started watching them a lot with me. We're on disc 4 of season 1 and Amy just gave us season 2 to borrow. Needless to say I am going to finish the poncho before I finish watching this show. I am on the decreases now and I will confess I am going to need some help with the hood. Hopefully kind hands at the knitting group will help me for chocolates or some other delightful treat. -=giggle=- Oh I also got 2 skeins of Lionbrand suede in a really pretty deep green. I confess my yarn is growing bigger than my pattern selection. I have no idea what to make with the Malabringo or the Suede. Le Sigh... What's a girl to do ? If there is anyone reading this, please suggest away. -=giggle=- I am going to bed for now. Long day and I am glad it's done.

Night night lovely knitters everywhere and sweet dreams!


Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures