My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Dental Issues
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I was up until 3:00 this morning with that damn tooth pain. Even the Hydrocodone wasn't helping to fully get rid of the pain and knock my arse out. I alternated between bed and couch trying to find a comfortable place. Then I burst into tears as a searing pain raked the right side of my face. Grim comforted me wonderfully and as another hour passed I finally fell into sweet oblivion. I woke up at 6 this morning and called my boss. I told her what had happened and that I needed a couple hours more sleep. She didn't call, which meant there was no problem. I got to work around 10 and called the dentist. I asked them if I could just have an antibiotic because it was definately absessed. They said they still wanted to see me. So I left work at 3:45 and went to my Dentist.

Guess What ?

It was absessed. It needs a root canal, that on average runs around 500 to 700 dollars. I have no dental insurance so that means that price range is what I am looking at. The dentist mentioned that we could come to an arrangement but he hasn't told me his price range yet. So tomorrow I set to looking for Insurance that is reasonable. Fat chance of that, but we'll see. To be honest, I am so tired of being in a constant state of pain all the time. Gotta love genetics, it is the only thing I can blame for this heightened rate of enamel decay. Le Sigh.

So I got an antibiotic and some more pain killers. I am tired enough now that I think if I go to bed I will actually sleep. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I also went out and got the Homespun Lionbrand yarn that I needed for the prayer shawl. It's going to be lovely. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

For Now I am off for some much needed rest.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:21 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At February 21, 2007 at 2:07 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Aww I'm sorry! I know what that's like for sure. I need at least one root canal if not two. I'm off to the dentist tomorrow...
    And I don't have enough insurance to cover it either, since over here they run at least 1000 if not more.

     
  • At February 22, 2007 at 7:21 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Ooh, that's one of the worst pains! Hope it gets taken care of soon. Then, you have the pain of the bill to deal with! Urgh!

    Feel better!

     
  • At February 23, 2007 at 9:49 AM, Blogger crissy said…

    oh i am so sorry that your having a rough time of it with your teeth. i know how you feel. they finally said enough on mine and pulled all the uppers last nov. now i am patiently waiting for them to deliver the denture LOL been ages i think they are on sufari in africa getting ivory off a willing elephant LOL oh well back to knitting :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures