My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A Long Day
Monday, February 19, 2007
My Pain hit a high tonight. I was supposed to go with Grim tonight to a friend's house. I couldn't do it because my teeth were bothering me so badly. Then my stomach problems starting kicking in. So I ended up running home and downing Pepto-Bismal (sp?) and taking a pain killer. I did some Spanish homework, which should have been done a while ago, and hung around the house. I really don't think Spanish is going to work out for me. I am going to keep trucking but I think I'll be lucky to pass this class. I finished the Basket Weave scarf. -=does a dance=-

Here's the finished product...



Kenny loved it. I was honestly worried that he wouldn't. It did turn out a little thick and a tad bit long. The problem was that I didn't know exactly how tall he was, so I was guessing. I did look good on him though. His red hair brought out the colors in the scarf.

My next project is going to be a prayer shawl for an old teacher and mentor of mine. I was thinking about using the brown yarn I got from the Warm Ewe for it, but I realized the shawl calls for 2 skeins. That yarn was a little pricey so I think I am going to run by A.C. Moore and get the Lionbrand yarn it requires.

-=Pause For Phone Call=-

I just got off the phone with an old friend of mine. We were chatting it up about the past and it hit me. We used to have so many people in our circle of friends. Now it has been so greatly reduced. It is natural for people to grow and move on but as I reflect on it, I find myself saddened by the distance. Oh well, my old friends I think back on with fond memories. I am glad I have kept contact with the few that survived time and I am always appreciative of the new ones I have made.

Time for Tea and then bed.


Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:17 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures