My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Secret Pal 10 Question/Answer Form
Sunday, March 4, 2007
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I do have a passion for anything soft. Malabringo and Lionbrand Homespun for example. I do not like Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk. I don't know if I got a bad lot but it was so itchy and stiff that it made my arms break out in hives. I also discovered that wool doesn't work well with me either. =(


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I bought a zip up carrying case from A.C. Moore.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for about 2 1/2 years or so. I was taught the very basics from my boyfriend's mom. At the time she was bed ridden and I wanted to keep her company so I asked her to teach me. Then after I got tired of making scarves I picked up Stitch'n'Bitch and I kept on learning. I think I am somewhere in the middle of beginner and intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

My Amazon.com Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love lavender! Anything earthy really gets me though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes I do have a sweet tooth. I love truffles or anything chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I have been making my own stitch markers lately. I dabble with macrame. I do not know how to Spin, although I am interested in what it is and learning.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My favorite is Goth/Industrial-esq music but I love all forms of music. My computer and car can play mp3s and I have an Ipod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love purple, bright green, baby blue, and black. I can't stand bright neon pink and most other shades of pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

My mother and father are divorced. I am very close with both. My mother lives about 45 minutes away and my father lives in Mississippi. I live with my boyfriend and I do have 2 cats, Kiya and Sigh.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Right now, Hats. I love learning new things to knit though so it can change at anytime.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Black Poncho
Shawl For The March Knit For Chicks Along.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I love handmade gifts. Those are usually the best!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Definately bamboo

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No I don't

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 months old

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Living Dead Dolls, Egyptian Trinkets

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I know that I subscribed to Knit 1 and Creative Knitting. There is one more that I should have coming to me but I don't remember what it is.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Cables, Sock Making

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I haven't learned how to make socks yet but I want to. My foot measurements are... (This may not be accurate) 9 inches long, 8 1/2 inches at the ball, 8 1/2 inches at the waist, 8 1/2 Instep, 12 inches at the heel, 13 inch calf. If this strikes anyone as incorrect please let me know. I don't really know how to measure my feet for socks.


23. When is your birthday?

March 20th
posted by Valerie @ 12:42 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures