My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Kitty Drama and Misc. Typing
Sunday, March 4, 2007
So the drama I was referring to in my previous post is this... My cat Sigh is having a problem.


For some reason, despite his being "fixed" he pees randomly. It hasn't happened in 7 months and thank god he hasn't ruined anything yet. However, we live in an apartment with hard wood floors and a Doctor's office beneath us. The last thing I want is a call from the landlord saying we've ruined his apartment. This last time caught us completely by surpise. I was getting ready to go to knitting group and I go to put on my sweater. Yep, that's right he got the sweater and the couch. Which makes me think he felt slighted by me in some way. Grrr. I had told myself that if he did it again. We were getting rid of him... That's like saying you're going to give up your child because they have emotional problems. I spent a portion of that night crying at the thought of it. The problem is, I know how bad this can get. He ruined a mattress and box springs set as well as the carpet in my/my brothers room. He hates my brother and my mom. All his attacks were in their general direction.. So we took him to the vet and shelled out a hundred dollars to be told he doesn't have an infection, he's overweight and he's probably having emotional difficulties. Apperantly, this is common in cats that at one point in their life were strays. Sigh, of course, was a stray kitten. They found him caught in a trap and when I first saw him he was so afraid he had pressed his entire body against the back of the cage.

I never want to think of him caged again. I promised him a better life. Pet or no pet I keep my promises. So it looks like my cat is getting put on Prozac. I haven't heard how much that will cost me yet but I suppose it's like needing to buy your kids braces. I don't want children. My cats are all I need. So to lose one would hurt me badly. Not to mention, I have no idea how Kiya will react to him being gone.

So that's what the drama has been about lately. I have been fretting so much about my cat. He really is a darling. He's so sweet and affectionate, he's a bit of a scared and timid thing but he'll love you dearly once he gets to know you.

There is also Grim's disability hearing coming up. That of course has got both of us frazzled. I hate the fact that a man/woman who knows nothing about you can determine whether you are disabled or not. I am not going into his illness but he's unable to work. His pain levels would cripple superman. We'll see, I am going to keep my optimism for the both of us.

Knitting related. I am going to switch patterns on the shawl for Jan, my chosen chick to knit for for the March Knit Along For Get Stitchy . I don't really feel like doing a complicated pattern. Not that the one I have is complicated but I just want a standard easy knit. She'll appreciate that more and I think if it has a lot of holes in it she'll snag it a lot. The Poncho is coming along really well. I just did the head section and I am starting on the other side. Yeah for Decreasing!! I can't wait until it's done. I am a little worried about making the hood though. I figure that someone at knitting group can help me figure it out. =)

Tonight I went to a masked ball at the local Industrial/Goth Night. It was awesome! It was my dream to go to a masked anything and it happened. -=does a dance=- You can see some of the pictures here.
The pictures from the ball are in the pictures from life section. I am going to be posting more but I don't feel like editing photos at 5 in the morning.

Well I think that about covers everything. OH! Almost forgot. I have one full skein of Malabringo coming as well as two half skeins. -=does a dance=- Destash for Cash is awesome and the lady I dealt with gave me a great deal on them. The colors are a turqouise green color, a pink and a deep red. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for all that yarn. Even if I don't like pink, I knit for enough people that I should be able to come up with something.

Goodnight all. err.. Good morning rather.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 4:24 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At March 4, 2007 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    I don't remember if I ever told you about my cat's "mental" issues. If not I'll tell you later, but we got soooo fed up. And she was my baby before I had kids so I know how you feel. But we even went so far as to bring her to the local humane society so someone else could adopt her. That night, both me and my husband (altho he'd never admit) cried ourselves to sleep over it. He went and got her back the next morning.

     
  • At March 5, 2007 at 5:38 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    We have always had cats and only the "boys" seem to want to extract revenge by urinne. Cat urine is the worst. Our remaining 2 cats are female and hairballs are our only issue these days. I hope you come to the right decision. Its a tough one. Good luck!

     
  • At March 14, 2007 at 10:35 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I've had cats that did that. Sometimes they do it cause it's something natural like marking their territory. If that's the case, once they start they have troubles stopping. But, if it's a copping issue then that's different. He might be upset that you're leaving him and is afraid of being abandoned. Try playing with him and blocking everything else out. And, cat nip. Nothing will raise a cats mood better than cat nip. :D My cat has stress disorders. He doesn't pee, but he does get so worked up that he bursts a blood vessel in his eye and it gets all swollen. It's kinda funny but really pathetic to see. Sorry about your cat, I think he just needs some deep reassuring.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures