My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Malabrigo Goodness
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Look what came in the mail today!

Just lovely aren't they ? My favorite is definately the red and the green.. As I have said, I am not much of a pink person but she threw it in for 2 dollars. I am not going to say no to that. Besides I know someone I will knit for will like pink. Now I am going to cruise around and look for patterns. I realized the other day that I have a ton of yarn now but I have no idea what to make with any of it.

I suppose it would help if I had a little time to sit and cruise the net for them. Work has been super busy. I pretty much stayed on my feet all 9 hours. I took a fifteen minute break to smoke a clove after my boss brought my lunch to me. Then or course every map I sent out to have copied drops in my lap at 4:30 this afternoon. I get off work at five so I have 4 fedexes I have to prepare, box and ship before I can even consider shutting down my area. It worked out well. I got out at 5:15 or so. Came home and didn't relax at all. The more I move around the less and more my back hurts.

Knitting news, I frogged the Prayer Shawl original pattern I was going with. I am going to do a simpler one that looks a little more solid. The one I was working on just looked...I can't think of the word... maybe sloppy. I guess the pattern intends on putting holes here and there in your knitting. I just didn't appreciate it as much as others would I guess. Jan's taste is similar to mine so I decided on another one. I'll post it tomorrow. For now I really need to go to bed even though that's the last thing I want to do.

The day is way to short.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 11:07 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 7, 2007 at 11:39 AM, Blogger crissy said…

    looking good. love how the hat for your mom is coming along. and like the yarn colors.
    well out to find more coffee and then off soon to enjoy the house to myself for a whole work day LOL they guys well both be gone hubby and the grandson way way to cool yep i can totally get into this totally :)

     
  • At March 10, 2007 at 8:34 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Ooh, pretty yarn! Yay you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures