My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Here Comes The Snow Again.
Friday, March 16, 2007
I guess I shouldn't be suprised really, I mean it is New York. Of course I think I am the only person in this State without a shovel. That's right I procrastinated to long in getting one and now the stores aren't selling them anymore. I took an early break from work this morning and ran to Target and then to Walmart. No dice. Oh well, looks like I am paying the superintendent to shovel me out again. Hopefully it won't end up as bad as last time. It's nearing midnight and I went out about an hour ago to take picture. Here are a couple of shots I took.

I was a little irritated this morning because they kept screaming about Weather Advisory this and that but my boss wouldn't let us out of work. Eventually I was released a little early. -=does a dance=- Of course, I did 20 mph all the way home. It was terrible out.

On a happier note! I got a 100% on my debate speech. That's right, I made the Anti-Abortion speech work. I made it work so well that I had the class speechless. I started shaking, getting jittery when I started talking so I decided to step away from the podium. I walked around, pointed my finger, used alot of emphasis on key points. The teacher loved it, the only note that she made was that I should slow down when I talk. My partner wasn't there to present her speech. So I am, at the moment, clueless to the major points of her arguement. I guess we'll see next class. We have to have a 1 minute opening and a 1 minute closing. It shouldn't be that difficult. I think the hardest part will be the questions. I'll do alright, the tough part is over now. I will say that while researching for this paper I think I have toned done my vehemancy against Pro-Lifers. I see where they are coming from in certain regards in others I think it's a crock.

Oh! I was asked to be a Moderator for Get Stitchy! I accepted and I think it's awesome!! I was stunned when they asked me though. I didn't think many people really took notice of me there. Hattie helped me with my questions so hopefully I won't let anyone down with this one. Once I get involved and figure out where I am being assigned though it should be a piece of cake. Mmm Cake. -=giggle=-

My knitting is coming along rather slowly. I have made progress (click progress button for updated views). I am interested to see my mom's reaction when I give her the gloves. They are really turning out lovely, if I do say so myself. Other knitting related topics.. I am talking to Scary Merry about getting two sets of custom needles. A 10" alluminum Day of the Dead Set and A 10.5" alluminum custom set (you'll see if I get them).

For some reason I think I am missing something I wanted to say. I don't recall what that could be though. So I think for tonight, I will conclude this and probably post tomorrow as I am cruising around the web.

Happy St. Patty's Day To All!!


Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 11:51 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures