My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

My Ironic Semi-Moody Saturday
Sunday, March 11, 2007
For the most part yesterday was fine. I did wake up in a bad mood that I just couldn't seem to kick throughout the day. It didn't help that my back was throbbing and I just didn't want to talk to anyone really. I spent most of the day popping in movie after movie and knitting on my prayer shawl. I did make a quick run to the library so that I could get more movies. I was annoyed with watching the same ones over and over again, Grim just wanted me to stop pacing. So I picked up Mommy Dearest, Starman, Love Potion #9 and the First Wives Club. I figured that should be a mix to keep me entertained for a while. I have already watched both the funny ones so today it's knitting and drama movies I guess.

Grocery shopping is finally done. We have been putting it off for weeks. The cobwebs in the fridge were starting to scare me so we decided it was about that time. The fridge is stocked again and the pantries are filled with goodies and snacks. Wipie!

On to the Irony. Anyone who listens or knows me, knows that I am pro-choice. I am not a shove it in your face pro-choice. You're entitled to what you want to believe in, but I am pro-choice. To continue, I missed my last public speach class due to back pain. Well I guess that was the day that she assigned topics for the persuasive speech/debate. So I emailed her and asked her what I missed. She said oh... we assigned debate topics, your topic will be the position against abortion..

-=Car Screech, woman scream=-

What ?!?! I tell him, he starts to laugh... I in fact am doing a mix of frothing curses and laughing. Ironic isn't it, that in all the topics that are debateable I should get the opposition to the one I am truly passionate about. So now it looks like I have some reading to do. She took her lovely ass time getting back to me and it's due on Thursday. Time to hit the books/computer. Wish me luck because this is going to be the most ingenuine speech ever.

Knitting then triggered the silent treatment for a good half an hour. I was working on the prayer shawl and I was pretty pleased with it... There were mistakes but not to badly... Or so I thought. I wanted Grim to touch the yarn for this approval on how soft it was. He looks at it and mentions the fact that he doesn't like where I made the mistakes. I also sprinkled some mistakes around intentionally to even it out a bit. Then he affirms, No I don't like it with the mistakes. I look at him and feel my blood start to rise. He mentions the fact that if it's for my mentor you don't want to send anything that looks poorly made. I shot him a look, he stopped talking. Then he said "well you asked what I thought, I was just telling you the truth." I politely pointed out, that no I didn't ask for his opinion I wanted him to feel the yarn. Again, silence. That silence continued for a little while as I stomped into the bedroom and started frogging the prayer shawl. He was right there were a lot of mistakes but I was pissed at him because he didn't just keep his mouth shut.

Looking back, it's silly but I was in a bad mood anyway. He just amplified it by making a comment. So the prayer shawl I was working on is no more. I am thinking about making a shawl just in regular garter stitch. It will be cozy and warm and hopefully the pretty colors will speak for itself. In case they don't though, I am going to make her a Malabrigo drop stitch scarf.

That's it for now. Post more later.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 11:47 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At March 11, 2007 at 9:44 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Aww, that sucks. I know how that is, sometimes I just want hubby to tell me it looks fine when it doesn't, and then I get mad at him to tell me the truth. I know it's my own fault too, but who wants to admit that? lol

     
  • At March 12, 2007 at 9:10 AM, Blogger AR said…

    I hate bad moods, but he should have known to nod and smile. My Hubby never knows when to just nod and smile, either!


    I guess you'll prove how good you are if you can make something you're actually against sound good.

     
  • At March 12, 2007 at 9:47 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Heheh..men. Gotta love them though. My husband is the same darn way. You can't blame them though, it's common knowledge that men don't know any better. It's usually in moments like those where, in a crowded room, the music stops and everyone stares at him wondering if you're going to rip his nostril hair out, or strangle him with his own tongue. An older,
    more wiser gentleman will pat your sweetie on the shoulder and say, "I don't pity you at this moment."

    Don't worry, through extensive training and obedience work, he'll know better to say, "Wow hun, I can see you've worked quite arduously on that and am very impressed by your diligence and patience. I also know that I, a person of the male species, will more than likely never knit, do know that your ability and skills make you a very admirable person. I also know that I should NOT critique unless it is asked for and I've double checked that you indeed want my two cents." :) enh..if only LOL!

     
  • At March 13, 2007 at 10:47 AM, Blogger Mistress Pounce said…

    "Wow hun, I can see you've worked quite arduously on that and am very impressed by your diligence and patience. I also know that I, a person of the male species, will more than likely never knit, do know that your ability and skills make you a very admirable person. I also know that I should NOT critique unless it is asked for and I've double checked that you indeed want my two cents."

    That's gotta be the funniest fairytale I've ever read. =^_^=

    V hun, why don't you give it another go? It's not a bad thing to have to frog it at least once... And I'd bet that once you start again you'd feel a lot more comfortable & cruise through it more easily. :)

    *SMOOSH*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures