My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

3 Day Weekend Goodness
Friday, March 23, 2007
That's right it's finally here... Thursday! I have tomorrow off and we're heading into the city for VAST and shopping fun! By we, I mean myself, Grim, our friend Laramie and possibly our friend Steve. -=does a dance=- I am beyond excited. I can't wait to be there, and this time without a hellish cold! We've got our bags all set and we'll hopefully be out of the house by 11:30 or 12:oo. We're only staying overnight but I know I will enjoy myself. Of course I have made it more than abundantly clear that someone needs to show me to the knitting stores. Everyone gets such a kick out of my yarn fetish.

Anyways, I haven't written in a while. So it's time for an update. My birthday went very well. There were a couple of spots but nothing terrible. . My boss and coworker took me out for lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Apperantly they had already tipped the waiter off that it was my birthday. So after I ate a huge hamburger they suprised me with cake. -=giggle=- I was definately stuffed. Then the boss let me go home early. I went directly to Michael's to spend the gift card they got me. I ended up getting more Lionbrand black yarn for my poncho and some Peaches and Cream yarn for the April Showers themed along on Get Stitchy. Then I went to knitting group like normal. I love being around those guys. They always make me laugh. Grim realized he didn't have the stuff he needed for a cake so he improvised...

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream... My favorite!! -=giggle=- Different, yes but effective and sweet. He really wanted me to still be able to blow out my candles. Wednesday, work as usual and then afterwords my favorite past time. Going to the movies! We went and saw Zodiac. Good movie, even if I did know who and what happened with the killer. Worth seeing but I seriously overdosed on buttery popcorn. I ended up passing out on the couch with a very terrible stomach ache. Blegh. Oh forgot to mention I recieved these beautiful flowers on Wednesday from my mother/brother/her boyfriend.

I love flowers! I can't wait for my other orders to finally come so I can post pictures. I have a genuine corset arriving in the mail in the next couple of weeks. I won a kick ass pair of boots off ebay. I am still waiting to hear a price about the Scarry Merry knitting needles. I also ordered a Get Stitchy tank top. I know I am a dork stop laughing now. -=giggle=- Tonight, we dedicated to getting things done around the house. My chest is a little congested so I wanted to relax so I didn't get all yucky feeling tomorrow. That's all I can think of right now really. Oh, I don't know if I posted about it, but I am a mod on Get Stitchy now! -=does a dance=- Fun Fun!!

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 12:54 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At March 23, 2007 at 6:45 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I commend Grim's improv creatiity on the ice cream 'cake'. :)

    Enjoy the weekend, congratulations on becoming a mod and again, Happy Birthday!

     
  • At March 23, 2007 at 9:00 AM, Blogger Bee said…

    oooh sounds like a great day...Could definately resommend a couple of yarn stops if you need. congrats on becoming a get stitchymod ;)

     
  • At March 23, 2007 at 9:52 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Awesome birthday! Sounds like you had a lot of people who loved you. LOL. Oh, and the zodiac killer is a true story. In reality, no one knows who the killer was. It's one of those great cold case files. They have guesses and suspects, but in truth they don't know. But, they either believe the guy has stopped or he died. Either way, he's no where to be found.

    Love the cake. That's my kind of cake!

     
  • At March 23, 2007 at 12:46 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    Nothing like laughing at knitting group!!!

    Remember...
    puppies...kittens...kittens chasing puppies...puppies playing with kittens...

    haha!!

    Glad you had a great birthday.

    I finished the poncho (Woo-Hoo)!!! Next we will finish those pesky gloves of yours!!

    Tell Grim that was some great cake improvising!! (applauding)

     
  • At March 23, 2007 at 2:45 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    I'm so glad you had a fun birthday! Have a great night in NYC too!! As to the falling stones, I have no idea but they do seem to be a favorite. Weird but I hadn't noticed before you said something...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures