My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

-=wave=-
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Hello there! I have returned a day later than expected to rant and ramble some more! -=giggle=- I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far! If you don't like geekiness, skip over the first section.-=giggle=-

Gaming Front (Ace's and Eights): I don't think I mentioned it in my last post but on Tuesday but Anne (my character) killed Mary (Pounce's character). Before the boos and hissing starts. Or confusion if
you have never gamed before... My character had the chissler flaw. She would scam anyone, even her own family member. If it came down to the loot or the person.. Loot won, hands down. Now they had just robbed a bank and here Anne is carrying $6,000 dollars. What do you think she did ? She told Mary to let her walk with the money and she wouldn't kill her. Mary fought back, Anne's shotgun won. She walked away 6,000 richer.

Well needless to say, that ended that campaign. So we rolled up new characters and I actually ended up playing a boy. His name is Jake Hale and he's a mountain man. It's a little awkward at times playing a boy but I grew up in Hernando, Mississippi. All I have to do is draw on my roots and I am playing the character the way it's meant to be played.Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Knitting: I haven't done anything more with the socks since the last time I posted. I haven't been in the mood for rib stitch. Today I ended up going to the library and picking up Funky Knits. Not a bad book if I do say so. There are a couple of things I thought would be cute to m
ake. One of them was a bag called the Record Bag. It's got a little bit of a grunge look thing going on. Anyways, there was a knit/Charmed night at Pounce's house and that gave me the opportunity to get the front done. Then when I came home I worked on one of the side panels. I am going to have to get a couple more skeins of yarn to finish it though. Here's the progress so far! Nevermind the curling, I still need to press them flat.



I opted to make the side panels a different color for a little bit of effect. That's not really the best picture of the yarn though. Here's the actual color.


It's looks really awesome together. I am loving it already! In other knitting related news. I placed an order with Knitpicks. I am a bad yarn dieter. -=giggle=- I can't resist a sale though. I also found Knitting Lingerie Style for ridiculously cheap! In the stores it's around $30.00 on Knit Picks it was only $17.00 or so. I also got 2 or 3 skeins (can't remember) of this yarn (color: Meadow Multi)! I am kicking myself in the arse for not ordering the Memories yarn. I was debating over this beautiful purple colorway but I waited to long and now they're all goneFree Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org. I think that's it for the knitting front for now.

Life: School is starting soon. I believe I mentioned how I am not looking forward to it.. If I did, I am saying it again. The idea of having to take Algebra two days out of the week and then Bio on a Saturday is about as appealing as a root canal. Ugh. Oh well, push on and upward. I got the call back and my books are in. I even got a reasonable rate! -=does a dance=- I was notified that my loan check will be here in 7 to 10 days. Another big Woot there! I will be able to pay off all my bills with that. Or at least all the credit cards and my computer bill. Not to mention pay back the money to my mom. Some in the bank, and a few odds and ends I have been wanting. -=cough=-yarn-=cough=-. I have been thinking about looking into laptops again. I really want one that actually works. The last two I have bought have been DUDS! Positively the worst computers I have ever typed on. That's my luck though. I also want to start pricing tattoos again. I have been really itching to get that back piece done. Money has been holding me back with that one though. I am trying to think of anything else but I can't come up with anything really.

Oh! Erika, I picked up Rant! I remembered you mentioning that it was good so I thought I would give it a try. I was just wondering. Should I be prepared for something like Choke? That book was pretty F*cking weird. -=giggle=- I just want to know if I should be scared or not.

I believe that is all everyone. I hope all is well and wonderful! Night Night!!
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 12:57 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At August 12, 2007 at 10:52 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Awesome! Looks like you've had fun with knitting lately. I'm excited to see your finished bag.

    Nice on the tattoo. What do you plan on getting for a back piece? I was actually offered a job as apprentice in a tattoo shop. $15,000 a year for the start position. too bad I was in Canada at the time. :(

     
  • At August 13, 2007 at 1:20 PM, Blogger D.Moontear said…

    I have a few(that'san understatement, I bought 8, I opened one.) un-opened balls of loinbrand suede, in this wine colour, I'll trade for the foofy black yarn?

     
  • At August 15, 2007 at 6:16 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    I think you will really like Rant. It isn't like Choke, except for the pace at which it moves. It's a good read though. Have fun and tell me what you think. :0

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures