My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Untitled.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
I couldn't think up anything witty to write in the title block. Oh well, I hope the actual content will keep you entertained for a bit. -=giggle=- I posted Wed that I would write an update so I'll start from Wed and work my way up.

Wednesday - I applied for a loan with my local bank and I am praying to every god that I can think up to get it. We're not poor but we're definitely not financially sound either. I have some bills I seriously want to pay off and I am going to need the extra money if they drop my financial aid. I have a co-signer which helps. They processed my application as a single and it was rejected so we'll see what happens with the joint. It sucks really. I have had nothing to do with my credit getting ruined. I was in a car accident (as most of you know, I believe) in 2004/2005. It was a bad one. The lady jumped the gun at a stop sign and I T-Boned her. I was going the speed limit, it was just unavoidable considering when she pulled out in front of me. She ended up fine, I however had permanent back problems from the incident. Not to mention, the constant fear of airbags. When they were deployed on impact the bags ruptured and the chemicals got all over my arms. They felt like they were on fire and if they hadn't pulled me/helped me out of the car it probably would have burned me.
Well anyways.. to the point. I had an attorney to file a suit. The attorney who was supposed to take care of my bills passed away in the middle of my case. So in the shuffle of the new attorney being assigned my bills were neglected and my credit suffered under the idea they were taken care of.

I can't fix them, all I can do is assign a notice of no fault to the incident. I rambled a bit sorry. I am still really nervous about it. Oh and that night we rolled of a new A&8's character in case mine gets killed.

Thursday - Not to much. Grim's family came over and we had dinner/conversation/WII playing.

Tonight - Did the usual work thing. Came home and took a nap. Pounce called and said she was ill and unable to RP tonight. So rather than hang out around the house, I suggested Date Night. We went out to Chinese Food, then went out to see Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. What an AWESOME movie. I can say this without spoiling it that they chopped the book to hell to keep it to pace but it was still unbelievable. Might I also mention that Daniel Radcliffe looks soooo handsome with short hair. I wasn't a fan of the last hairstyle. Oh! Oh! I called it when reading it! Let it be known, I knew who they were going to cast for Bellatrix!! Helena Bonham Carter, was the first person I thought of and the image I had in my head the entire time I read/listened to it. Only she would be able to pull off a woman like that! Curious question: Is it true they're not putting out anymore? I would hate to think they wouldn't finish it up. Oh by the way the poncho accompanied us on our date. It kept me quite warm and was very comfortable!

So on to other news. My Summer Stash Swap partner, Jennifer, loved the stuff I sent her. Which rocks! I was
sooo nervous she might not like what I picked out. My stash isn't all that impressive so I just picked out what I thought she would like.
Shannon's, my Summer Stash Swap Sender, package was awesome! Look at all the goodies!

Here's a shot of the beautiful handmade bracelet she made me!


I will probably be spending the rest of the evening on Get Stitchy and Ravelry. I have to admit Ravelry is pretty awesome. The pattern section alone is remarkable. You'll see soon enough. It goes by quick. On the knitting front, I am hanging back and searching out my patterns. A couple of other bloggers mentioned Christmas so I think I am going to start searching for others. The first thing on the needles for myself is the Zeeby's Bag from Stitch'N'Bitch.

Let's see... anything else? Oh. Pictures of the poncho are now under the finished section title name. Also, for the rest of the weekend, I have a picture to sum up what I am going to be doing.

Great weekend, Don't you think?

-=Snuggles and Loads of Happy Thoughts To All=-

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 1:15 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures