My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

The Weekend
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Hello everyone!

Guess what ?!?! Give up !?!? I finished the last Harry Potter book! Against my better judgment I was up until 4 this morning reading it. I really wanted to know what happens to everyone. I was also terrified that some dick head would ruin it for me. All I can say without ruining it for anyone is that... It was wonderful. I seriously recommend reading it at the first available moment you have. Oh and bring tissues.

On the knitting front, now that I am done with the book I am going to start back up on the Calorimetry and get it finished. I bought cute little skull buttons for it, I thought it would look cute.


-=giggle=- I also bought my needles and yarn for my adventure into the world of sock knitting. I will admit to you before I dive in. I am TERRIFIED of the DPNs. -=giggle=- They look very alien to me and I have no doubt in my mind that I am probably going to curse their existence at least 5 times. Here's my materials:

I was going to order yarn from Knitpicks but I thought I would give Joanne's a try before I did the only ordering thing. I ended up finding all the needles I needed and even the Sport weight yarn in the colors I wanted. -=does a dance=- I'll cast them on as soon as I am done with the Calorimetry. I like only having one thing on the needles at a time. Multiple projects tends to overwhelm me and I then I don't finish them. I do need to get them started though. Lifetime of Learning-Along has started and here's the host without her project. So that's it for the knitting front. I do still plan on placing an order with Knitpicks. I can not let the Lingerie book slip through my fingers for $14.00. It's usually like $30.00, and we all know that I adore knitted lingerie. -=giggle=-

Here's an overview of the weekend. Friday night my character in Ace's & Eights almost drowned. She fell off her horse in the river and doesn't know how to swim. For that matter all of us nearly drowned. Much fun was had by all but we had to go home early. We forgot the poker chips which we need to go through the chase scene. I know I am a dork. Shhh don't tell! The rest of Friday was spent hanging out around the house and doing misc. things.

I woke up Saturday and went to the Village wide garage sale in the area. I walked around for about 2 hours and spent around $6.00 to $7.00. I got 2 DVDs (Chicago & Resident Evil), 5 Videos (Thelma & Louis, Beaches, Pretty Woman, Chocolat and The 1st Wives Club), a western novel for Grim and a pitcher and 4 cup set. I made out like a bandit. A sunburned one. -=giggle=- The back of my neck and shoulders are bright red. -=giggle=- Oh well, it was nice to get some exercise. Dropped by Pounce's house and chatted with her for a while then went hope. Nap, then grocery shopping. Food in the house is always a wonderful thing. -=giggle=-

Today, I had to work for 3 hours then I got called back in and worked for another hour. Not a fun time. That's about it. I think I am done for now.

Talk to you soon!

Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org


Labels: , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 5:48 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At August 5, 2007 at 7:13 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Good luck with your socks! I just finished my first pair when the HP book came out. I'm in love now :) Take care.

     
  • At August 5, 2007 at 8:17 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Glad to hear you enjoyed Harry Potter, I'm an avid book reader but my interest hasn't grasped on to the Harry Potter phenomenon yet. Ooooh you venturing into sockdom... you go missy.

     
  • At August 5, 2007 at 9:40 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    You can also knit with two circular needles which some prefer over DPNs. I don't know how to do it myself.

    The first few rows are tricky, but once you have some weight on the needles, it's easier.

    Good Luck!

    PS: The harp avatar is cute! :D

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM, Blogger Jane's Designs said…

    First off, Hi!!

    Second, your will love to knit socks. DPNs are a lot of fun you just need to get in the rhythm. I agree that the first couple of rows can be a pain in the ass. But after that it will be smooth sailing. Plus if you knit in public people are fascinated by seeing all those needles.

    Great movies, I LOVE Chocolat.

    Take care.

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 6:06 AM, Blogger Zu said…

    I loathe DPN's! Never actually tried them though. *he-he* I started knitting my first sock recently and am using a circular needle. It's incredibly easy, no risk of the needles falling out and I will probably never use DPN's now.
    My son read Harry Potter and enjoyed it. I'll wait for the movie. I have some sort of issue whereas I won't do something that everyone else is doing. Maybe I'm a noncomformist! Or just weird, who knows! *he-he*
    I love those skull buttons by the way! :-)

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 11:47 AM, Blogger swansong said…

    I am crazy for those skull buttons.
    And I was horrified of dpns, myself, but now I think they're super fun... Plus, when you knit in public with them, people are super impressed, and you can giggle at them in your head.
    Or out loud.
    ;)

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 7:54 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    My pest "control" guy came today...and all he did was prop the wooden plank that closes the bottom of the house to the outside world. Whoopie. We think there's a family somewhere near us, I've seen one outside at night when I had the carry the dogs out.

     
  • At August 8, 2007 at 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No matter how many dpns are in your project you only use 2 at a time. It's ok just breathe. If I , the clumsiest knitter ever, can do it so can you. What I wished I knew my first sock-To prevent jogs/gaps between stitches on different needles, give an extra tug when putting the needle through the second stitch on the right needle. Basically switch to the new needle, knit a stitch, put the needle in the next stitch (according to pattern knit or purlwise) and before you wrap the yarn give it a bit of a tug.

     
  • At August 8, 2007 at 1:11 PM, Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said…

    Ooh skull buttons! Must go find...

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 12:51 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    I need those button for my friend's motorcycle gloves!

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 1:55 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    I added your AIM name but you're not online :(. Boooo!

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 11:23 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    Love the butons! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures