My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

An Update and Nominations!
Friday, August 3, 2007
It's been busy since the last time I wrote. That's the only excuse I can give for my absence. Saturday night I ended up coming down with a stomach bug that lasted all the way until Monday afternoon. I didn't eat a full meal after the Mexican dinner I mentioned.

Monday afternoon my friend, Louis, came to visit Grim and I. He had went to Virginia and decided to come out of his way to hang out with us. We insisted that he spend the night. So we hung out and talked about gaming before we decided to play a quick Wraith game. It was fun! Louis's character ended up clocking my character across the face for mentioning his adulterous wife. He was playing a tow truck diver killed in an accident after he caught his wife having an affair. My character paid him back by kick him through a door that turned out to have a Spectre (Really bad evil mean ghost) in it. Serves him right. My character was an Anarchist punk rocker that was shot after attempting to rob an armed man. Much fun was had by all. I seem to always forget how scary that game is.

Blogging has also been put off due to sleep deprivation. I just got a full night's sleep last night. I don't know why I have been so unable to fall asleep but it seriously put a damper on my mood.

Work has been ridiculous and hellishly busy lately. Due to the fact I took Monday off, I have been working through all my breaks trying to make up the time. So that means 4 nine hour days and one 10 hour day (had to stay late). Compared to other drops this might be a laughable complaint but I don't like not having a chance to recollect myself and relax with my lunch.

I did not get the loan. Le Sigh. I found that out on Monday when I was sick... Not a good morning indeed. I have not lost hope to other options but I think I am less optimistic. On the note of money though, I got my Financial Aid in full! It covers all of my tuition and maybe part of my books if I am lucky.

Other than that I think that's really the general update of things that relate to my life at present. Now to hobbies!

Knitting: I have been really lazy and tired lately. Since rib stitch is my worst stitch ever I haven't worked on the Calorimetry. I think I am going to go out tomorrow and get the materials needed for my first pair of socks! It's what I decided to do for the Lifetime of Learning-Along.

Reading: I am getting pretty far into HP #7. I can't wait to finish it. I mean it seems like I am the only one that doesn't know the ending. -=giggle=- I am hoping to get some reading time in tomorrow. I just finished listening to the audio book of "Pride and Prejudice". I'll confess that I loved it, but only because I was listening to it and not reading it. I have come to the conclusion that Jane Austin's work is something I am just never going to be able to comprehend via reading it myself.

Movies: We just watched Blood and Chocolate yesterday. It wasn't a bad movie at all. Of course it was nothing like the book. I liked both for different reasons. The human to wolf transition was beautifully done. am glad that they didn't try and do what everyone else has done. I love the magical element to it. I recommend it to anyone who likes love stories and supernatural creatures!

Nominations:

I was nominated by Teresa for the Creative Blogger Award and now I am going to nominate 5 as well!




4. Rosemary

5. Sheilaz

Alright everyone. I think I am off to bed now. I can't think of anything else at the moment and if I do I'll blog about it tomorrow! Night night!
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At August 4, 2007 at 10:20 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Wraith sounds so cool! I'll have to suggest my group play it sometime! :D

    I've been a little wary of seeing Blood and Chocolate because I had loved the book so much, but now I'll have to see it. You're the third person to recommend it :D

    Man, am I ever in the same boat as you with Jane Austen. I looove her stories when I see the movies and such, but I just can't get into the books themselves. Audiobooks, here I come.

    I was so excited about your comment on my blog :D I really hope you like Tribal. Make sure to let your teacher know about your back though, as there are some moves which you'll have to be really careful about. I just love the whole culture of tribal, the whole community. :D

     
  • At August 4, 2007 at 6:33 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Hi sweetie! Thank you for nominating me! That was right sweet of you. I'm glad to read that you are feeling better and that all is going well with you. I'm going to blog soon, I promise.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures