My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Socks and Yarn
Sunday, July 22, 2007
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a easy knee high sock pattern. -=giggle=- I mean hell it's hard to even find a knee sock pattern that I like. Which is causing me a fit of frustration since I have pretty much glanced around for the better part of an hour. Any book suggestions or pattern thoughts?

On another note, aside from being frustrated about not finding a pattern, I am also a little upset. I was looking around for yarn in various areas of the net. All the good yarn stores everyone talks about are all WAY out of my price range to even browse through. Which sucks because I found more than a handful of yarn that I would kill to have but will probably never get the possibility of indulging in. -=giggle=- It's not like a really need anymore yarn but I like to see what all the fuss is about. The bloggers/Get Stitchy girls led me to Malabrigo so I trust their judgment on the wonderful yarn they have gracing their stash. Hopefully one day I'll get there. =P

On a happier note...

Pounce and I went out to see Grease lastnight at the playhouse right across the street. It was really well done. The props were impressive and far from amateur. For the most part all the actors/actresses were wonderful. There were some that went alittle out of pitch or their voices broke but other than that all went well. It was definitely better than the production I went to last year. Next year for their 20th anniversary they're putting on "West Side Story". I was thinking about auditioning or finding out when auditions are. I love the theater and I have always wanted to get my foot back in the door. We'll see if I do or do not do it. With school starting up again I might have to just wait for a while.

I believe that is all for now.

Tootles.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 12:47 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures