My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Why Hello There..
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I promised pictures and I had every intention of putting them up yesterday but my batteries in my camera died. So without further ado, pictures.

First off, here is the drop stitch scarf I was working on as a little side project. I finished it in about a day and a half. It's nice because it's light and cute enough to wear in the summer.


I also finished my mother's washcloths. You can find those under "Assorted Washcloths". They're the newest set on my flicker account. Other than that, I decided to knit something for my secret pal. Here is a sneaky peak of what she's getting.



Just a taste, in case she has figured me out. I have a cute idea of how to reveal myself. Speaking of Secret Pals. Thank you two times over for the skull stitch markers. I love everything you have given me but those take the cake. Simply because all my other stitch markers are way to big for the projects I have been working on lately.

Work has been busy and this week has been a bit of a pain. I have been having a hard time waking up in the morning. Thank God my boss is nice. She doesn't mind that I have been late the last two days. It's not like I don't make up the time or anything but still most bosses really frown on that. I have an appointment with my Financial Aid Advisor to go over the possibility of working part time and school full time. We checked into new apartments on Monday. I called all the numbers today. The cheapest was $700 dollars for a 2 Bedroom. Currently I don't want to spend that much. The other 5 were in the thousand catagory. No go for that lot, move onto the next area.

Oh! Something unrelated to knitting. I'm starting to write a bit again! -=does a dance=- I am not going to go into a lot of detail about it yet. When I continue and make it to 20 pages I'll rant about it. It's been 3 years since I have written anything. So one page is an accomplishment. -=giggle=-

I believe that's it for now.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 10:54 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At June 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Nice quick project. :) Happy to hear you are writing again..I'm all for creative outlets.

    I used to write a lot too...and I did again last semester. Those don't count though...silly essays.

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 2:48 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    I used to write a lot too, and have been thinking of doing it some more lately. I actually have a good story idea for once and have begun sort of writing it in my head.

    Yay for quick projects! I wish I had some of those but most of mine are big...and take foreeeever.

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 8:54 AM, Blogger AR said…

    The scarf is cute! I love quick projects sometimes.
    Gotta go check out your cloths now! :)

     
  • At June 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM, Blogger Jane's Designs said…

    Valerie, I did a double take at your scarf is it a silver grey to black varigated ribbon. Because if it is I made that exact scarf in drop-stitch. Very pretty.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures