My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Sigh, Work, Knitting and Misc.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
First, The Sigh Baby... The vet called when I was on my way home from work and Grim got the call. The result came back and the mass was Andocarcinoma. Which, after hunting for it, I can't find anything immediately on it. It's malignant. That's the bad news. The good news is, is that they say they got it all. There was no malignant cells in the facial tissue around the mass. So with a little luck it should all be well. Problem is that once you have cancer, you have a better chance of getting it back. Time will tell, but for the moment, all is well. -=giggle=- I rhymed.

Work.. for lack of a better word.. Sucks. -=giggle=- Just at the moment. It will get better but I seriously got ambushed with an overload of things I have to do solo because my boss is going to be on vacation. The filing will easily take me three hours alone and that's if the phone doesn't ring and if my boss doesn't drop more reports on my desk.

Knitting.. I have finished the handtowel and one washcloth. I am working on the last washcloth for my stepmom before I dig into the set for my mother. No towel, it takes to long and it just annoys me to do the same thing over and over again. I went to the library and checked out the Harry Potter knitting book. It's cute, not much in the way of adult wear but that's to be expected. I plan on making myself a scarf, the socks and a sweater.

On the topic of knitting: Do you think a knitted bikini would actually hold up in water ? I want to knit a bikini from Naughty Needles (the hawaiin one) but I don't want to make it if I can't swim in it. Input ?

Video Games, I went out and bought 2 Harry Potter video games lastnight. The Chamber of Secrets and The Quiditch World Cup game. I looove Harry Potter games, videos, anything really. I have been on a kick lately considering I am listening to the Goblet of Fire on my Ipod pretty much everytime I get the chance too. I also Got the 1st and Last Harry Potter movies. Then of course, Dawn of the Dead. Can't go wrong, Harry Potter and Zombies. -=giggle=-

So there might be the possibility that my mom is going to take me on a cruise next year for my birthday. She knows how much I love traveling. She also knows, I have been dying to go on a cruise since she went on one. So I started looking around, then out of the blue the Stitch'n' Bitch cruise line email gets dropped into my In-Box. I checked it out and ran it past mom. She wants me to call and see what the total amount would look like. She also wants to make sure it's not an "Old Lady Cruise". I doubt it is but I am going to mention the question to the attendant when I call for more information tomorrow. It would be a lot of fun. The bonus to this one, is we wouldn't have to pay for airfare. It ships out of NYC! I am keeping my hopes level though. I never get excited until the day it's supposed to happen. Pessimism at it's best. -=giggle=-

Um.. Blank...

I know there is more I wanted to say but now I can't think of it. That's okay though, I have a three day weekend to think about it and write it all down. I am also going to be updating the buttons and pictures then too. I don't have time at the moment. I have to write up a background for my character, then it's off to bed.


TTFN




Labels: , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 7:01 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At May 25, 2007 at 7:10 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I'm really interested in the next Sea Socks cruise and I'm told that the crew expected a bunch of old ladies. What they got was a bunch of rowdy knitters. :)

    When is the SnB one?

    Hoping for the best for Sigh. :)

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 7:30 AM, Blogger Mistress Pounce said…

    Neaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.... I'll cross my fingers for you and the cruise.

    As for your knitted bikini, I don't see why it wouldn't be water safe... Just make sure the yarn isn't something to stretch or shrink once went. And line the thing, otherwise we'll be seing bits you don't want us to see. ^_^

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 10:54 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Usually they use cascade yarn. It's like a nylon/cotton. So, try it out. If not, I'm sure Grim won't mind the multiple attempts at getting it right. :D

    I'm sorry about the cancer. Hopefully he's better. Poor guy, I'm sure he's happy to be home now though.

    ..and about the knitting. Pictures! C'mon woman, I need visual stimluation...eye candy! I have needs to fill! :D

     
  • At May 26, 2007 at 5:51 PM, Blogger AR said…

    Get better wishes for Sigh.

    A cruise, that would be cool!

     
  • At May 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Hopefully Sigh will be well from now on!

    I say go for the cruise.

    As for the bikini, I'd reinforce it lol. There are some good stretchy yarns though like classic elite star, cascade fixation, and elann has one that is almost identical to those two and really cheap. That way when you knit it, it will stretch and cling like a real suit. I can't remember which one you're talking about since it's been a bit since I looked at that book...

     
  • At May 28, 2007 at 10:53 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Get Well Soon Wishes for the lil one. The SnB cruise sounds like fun, I would love to go on a yarn cruise... just so that I can luxuriate in a mass of fibers... lol. I made a bikini using 100% cotton... but not sure how it will hold up... plus I have to put a lining in it, which I'm dreading... Can't wait to see yours. Thanks for posting on Lila... now my daughter wants another one... her list of crochet wear is getting mighty long.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures