My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A Blegh Friday
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Hello all, I came back to post a little more this evening. I am still feeling a little under the weather. You know the whole aches and pains, headache, blegh feeling. I have pretty much been battling that all day long. I have also felt incredibly guilty. It's month end at work and one of the boss's busiest times due to accounting. If I could have drug myself into work though, I would have. This morning, I was definately not the prettiest picture in the book. Anyways, I am feeling slightly better though. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be fit as a fiddle, keep your fingers crossed for me.

So anyway... I started and finished another Calorimetry. This one turned out a little bigger than I had intended. Lucky for me the recipient has dreads, so I think it should fit around her head perfectly. I am going to make her wrap it around her head before I sew on the buttons though. I don't want to make it to big on her. You can see the finished project to the right. The Sari Yarn that I used, was a little difficult to work with but the colors truly are beautiful. Here is a close up...


I know she is going to love it. I just hope it's not to big on her. So another gift done, two more people to go. I need to make my mom's gifts and Grim's mom's gifts.

I started a new little blog project. It's dedicated to the books I have been reading. The link is also to the right if you want to take a look. I am going to try and keep it posted with various thoughts I have on the book as I read them. I am seriously not sure, if anyone will read it -=giggle=- but I wanted to do it anyway.

That's about it really. I didn't do to much with my day. I lounged ALOT. -=giggle=- Grim just got done playing Resident Evil 4. Pretty intense game right there. All the Resident Evils are in their own way though. To close this post. Here are some pictures of the babies!



Kiya

and Sigh Baby!!! Oh and he gets his stitches taken out tomorrow!!!

TTFN

Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 2:32 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At June 2, 2007 at 8:45 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Get better! I love the color you chose for your friend's calorimetry.

     
  • At June 2, 2007 at 12:12 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Ooo..dreads are cool. I remember one time I was trying to help this girl put dreads in her hair. I had NO idea how to do it so I just kind of ratted her hair up starting from the base and then working to the ends. There was one dread lock that just stuck straight out of the side of her head. Then halfway through she didn't want them! So we ended up having to cut them out of her hair.

    The calorimetry looks so cool by the way. Is that the recycled silk?

    Sorry you feel crummy, if it makes you feel any better I do too. :)

     
  • At June 2, 2007 at 5:04 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Sorry to hear you’re not feeling… get well soon. The calorimetry is very pretty.. the colors are jewel like. Yeahhhh!! Glad to see your baby is doing better. Lucky you on the painting. My Ex-husband belonged to a motorcycle club and we would often drive up to Lake George… a beautiful place.

     
  • At June 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    Gorgeous colorway! I hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At June 3, 2007 at 5:36 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    The calorimetry is so pretty! Love that yarn.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures