My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Knitting Pretty
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
I got one of the washcloths done on Sunday. I really love this pattern despite the fact my fingers hurt for a little while after doing it. Here's the finished project.

It's weird though, I don't know why it leans to one side like that. On another note, Kiya gave her approval of the yarn.

I show pictures of my cats like some people show pictures of there kids. Typical behavior though, as I do not want children my cats are fitting into the catagory for me to "nurture". Basic psychology. -=giggle=-

I feel a ton better. Work has been extremely busy and I have basically been coming home and hanging out with Grim. Other than finishing the washcloth, I have not been doing much knitting. I'll probably work on another cloth tomorrow. I want to clear out all my promised knits so that I can start making the stuff I want for summer. I have been shopping for yarn for the bathing suit pattern. Fixation won out, and I found it at yarnmarket for $4.95. Seems expensive but I shopped around and can't find anything that has the same yardage and the shipping won't bite me in the arse. So here is what I am going to make the bathing suit out of. Oh, what bathing suit you ask ? This one. Here's the yarn I have been looking at for it. It's dye lot 3628-Yankee Red. Pretty eh ?

Oh Yea! On Sunday, I went to buy cloves from the Gas Station. They have been doing construction in the lot lately so I guess they let this organization set up their benefit sale there. I searched through the books and I found every single book on my to read list. Feminine Mystique, Wuthering Heights, Pride & Prejudice, Devil's Advocate, 3 Shakespeare Books, and A WWII book for Grim.

Then to the library where I got Mansfield Park - Jane Austin for KTC. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on CD so I have something to listen to at work. I'll probably write a review on the Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire when I have a little bit more time. Anyways, I think that's pretty much it for now. Less than a month now and I will be on vacation.. God I can't wait. -=giggle=-

Labels: , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:58 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At June 6, 2007 at 12:36 AM, Blogger Jane's Designs said…

    Valerie,

    I'd like to send you a little present for being a sweet and loyal visitor to my blog, where should I send it. You can e-mail me at carneyjane@netzero.net

     
  • At June 6, 2007 at 6:51 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    'Naughty Needles' ...cute. :)

    Interesting to see how the bathing suit turns out. Let us know how it wears.

     
  • At June 6, 2007 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    The washcloth came out well… I guess once you block it… it won’t lean to side. Oh yes… kitty approval is always the best….lol. Naughty Needle... you say… I checked out the yarn…and I believe its what I’ve been looking for.. I like the fact that it has some elasticity…. Looking forward to seeing the bathing suit. Thanks for the link..

     
  • At June 6, 2007 at 11:37 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Ohh..I like the bathing suit! It's just cute!

    I agree with Sheila, that once you block it, it might go into proper shape. You might be knitting it REALLY tightly. Try a bigger size needle.

    ..oh yeah, and cat's aren't as messy as kids either :D.

     
  • At June 6, 2007 at 12:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Naughty Needles! I'm going to Yarn School at Nikol's place in September. She's knitting costumes for a burlesque show right now. haha
    Your final Secret Pals package will be in the mail soon-ish. I hope you like it :)
    No big reveal till the end of the month though. muahahaha!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures