My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Cast On!
Sunday, June 3, 2007
So I decided to CO the washcloth set for my mother. I don't know why but for some reason this pattern makes my fingers ache. I could only do so much lastnight before it felt like my joints had been stuck in a vice grip. Take a look at the button and see the progress and pattern. I think it's a really pretty pattern. I'll do two of those for her, skip the towel and just add something extra in her box. =)

That's all for now I believe.

You know, on a side note, I really don't know how people survived without air conditioning. We waited a while to put ours in. We wanted to make sure we didn't get slammed with cold weather again. The last couple of days have been sticky gross Mississippi sort of hot. You all probably know the type, it's so humid you almost can't breathe feeling. Yesterday was the breaking point, we had Grim's brother bring it up and install it. Yeah, we now have an icebox instead of an oven.

Happy Sunday All!

Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 10:21 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At June 3, 2007 at 11:42 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    This is the first time I've ever had an air conditioner. Before we just had a crap load of fans. I don't know how I did it though. I feel so pampered now. Specially with the baby who can't stand ANY kind of heat. Thank whirlpool for air conditioners!

     
  • At June 3, 2007 at 5:40 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Air conditioning is great! The problem is in our house my FIL cranks it up so high, because the third story gets so hot and he works at night and sleeps during the day. So down here on our floor, the bottom one, it's like 60 degrees. Which is really really cold when it's 60 air conditioned degrees. It sucks.

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 8:51 AM, Blogger Spooky said…

    It gets so horribly muggy-humid-GROSS here that we really can't go without AC. It's awesome because our room is roughly the temperature of the arctic circle.
    I love it!
    And washcloths ALWAYS make my hands hurt. Knitting with dishcloth cotton is like knitting with twine.
    I added you to my blogroll -- I hope that's ok!

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 10:51 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    We still haven't put ours in. We aren't home during the day and it is cool enough at night to sleep.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures