My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A Better Saturday
Saturday, June 2, 2007
So today was a better day. I started off feeling really lousy. Although playing the Harry Potter game until 5:30 in the morning when you have to wake up at 10, could seriously make anyone feel that way. Sigh went to the vet and got his stitches removed. He hid under the bed for a full 2 hours when I brought him home. Now he's being more social. I think it also has a lot to do with the fact we now have an air conditioner in the living room so it's either be social and cool or anti-social and fry. -=giggle=-

Tonight we hung out with a couple of friends. Played the WII and had an all around good time. I gave Mistress Pounce the corset gloves I made that I can't wear because of the material.

No knitting today, I might do a couple of rows of my nightgown or start exploring some washcloth patterns. Tomorrow I have to go into work for a couple of hours. I told the boss I would help her out with end of month since I wasn't in on Friday. I only plan on being there for a couple of hours. So it shouldn't be to terrible.

Other than that, I read two books already this weekend. Go check out my book blog and see what I have been up to outside of the knitting world. Comment, give your thoughts on the book. I want some input! -=giggle=-

Talk to all of you soon.
XOXOXOX

Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 11:37 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 3, 2007 at 9:55 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Glad you're feeling better, and that Sigh is getting better, too. :)

     
  • At June 3, 2007 at 11:39 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Hey glad you're able to get out and do stuff. I know what it's like feeling crappy and unable to do much. I'm glad Sighs doing better too. He's such a cute cat. :D

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 4:14 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Yeah!!! The stitches are gone… and you are doing better also… great. I printed out the washcloth pattern… Thanks. I’m learning how to knit and with a suggestion from a dear blogger… I am going to make a few dishcloths for my mom using suger n' cream yarn... actully I mom had asked for dishcloths months ago... so now I have no excuse. Hopefully once I've cranked a few cloths... I should be ready to do a simple tank...hehe.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures