My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Quiet Sunday..
Sunday, April 1, 2007
I thought I would get some blogging in before I start spending quality time with Grim. I believe I did well on my speech in class on Thursday. I might add though that I get annoyed with debators who aren't focused and who don't stay on topic. My opponant used a fear based arguement that I have heard many times. I stated my facts and what I considered to be the major points against abortion. I think we ended up coming to a stalemate. We'll see how the grades are given though. Hopefully I did well on this. I will say, that while I was not very excited about this project I really did learn alot. I still consider myself to be pro-choice but perhaps now I will think a little more before I start jumping to any opinions on people who believe otherwise. Once again, I am in the middle on something... Not completely unlike me. -=giggle=-

On to other news.. My SP finally got her package in the mail. I was soooo worried that it had gotten lost or something. -=does a dance=- She liked everything inside and I have already started buying things for package number 2. I am having a lot of fun with this.


My knitting needles, my new boots and corset should be arriving in the mail soon. I can't wait!! I have seen what the knitting needles look like and I will tell you they are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to knit with them and take pictures of them. Scarry Merry seriously has some real true blue talent!


So here's my weekend in a nutshell.. Friday, we just hung around the house and did our own thing. Saturday we went to Grim's family's house for dinner and a movie. We watched Downfall, a movie based on Hitler from the eyes of his secretary. It's straight from manuscripts from the people in the bunker before the Reich fell and it's awesome! Depressing but awesome and we got it for only 3 dollars. Gotta love deals. It was nice seeing the family again. Today we went to hang out with a friend of ours before he went back home. We had breakfast at a little diner.. Then my stomach started to rebell and I have been hanging out at the house ever since. Grim and I watched, When Harry Met Sally, because I had never seen it before. I have been knitting a little on the shawl. The poncho is at a standstill until I figure out how to evenly pick up 60 stitches and then I also have to figure out something else involving picking up stitches with the gloves. Ba! -=giggle=- I'll ask someone at the knitting group on Tuesday maybe. Without anything else to work on though I have been seriously concentrating on the shawl.

On another note, after all projects are done I am currently working on.. This is what's next for me!

This is someone else's picture of the Mason Dixon Nightgown. I can't wait to make it. I already ran out and bought the yarn! Here it is!

I think it's going to look really lovely when I am done. Then after I start and finish one, then I can make another one and play with the colors a bit. I made the vow though that this doesn't get started until I get my stuff knitted for Jan and my mom. -=smiles=-

Anyways, That's pretty much it.

I'll blog more tomorrow!
posted by Valerie @ 7:53 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At April 1, 2007 at 10:29 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Quiet Sundays are the best. That looks like a cute project, is it all knit up in the round?

     
  • At April 1, 2007 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    cute nightie thing would totally look cute with jeans too ;)

     
  • At April 1, 2007 at 11:36 PM, Blogger Angalor said…

    I actually found an awesome way to pickup stitches evenly. You use stick pins and place them evenly throughout the edge (every 5 or 6 stitches), divide the number of stitches needed to be picked up by the number of pins. The total will be how many stitches you pick up between each pin.

     
  • At April 2, 2007 at 3:44 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Oh I love that nightie! It's way cute. It's actually more something I would wear than the one I'm planning on making...

    Is there a pattern online somewhere?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures