My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Insert Witty Title
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
I was at a loss for a title. I figured that would be suitable. -=giggle=- Anyways.. I am almost done with my poncho! That's right, the UFO of doom is almost complete. I posted a picture under my progress but here are a couple of shots of me wearing it.

Might I also add, I wore it for two minutes and it was toasty warm. I still need to add the hood to it. I was debating on either to do it or not. Grim made a valid point that I love to burrow in material, so a hood would be perfect for that. I have one major complaint against it. I didn't notice is but one of the skeins of yarn but not have been dyed very well. There is a faint white streak going clear acrossed on one side. I am not sure what to do about it. I'll probably just ignore it. I still have to weave in the ends and fix a couple of errors but I should be done with all that soon. The hood is going to be the interesting part. I also need to look up some sites on blocking. It said to do that if needed. I am not really sure if it does or not, but I'll ask someone at knitting group next week or something.

I know I am not going to get done with any of my knitting for this months along. Something about this month has made me really lazy. I just seriously don't feel like doing anything. I'll get it done eventually I just don't think it's going to be soon. Sorry stitch along but I'll have to post in the FO section instead of the Along forums.

On another note, I finished my debate for tomorrow's class. I still need to read for the test but that won't be a problem. I am forever the procrastinator. It's going to get me in trouble one day. Anways, I also just got done listening to Carrie. Awesome story and I actually like the book version better than the movie. She takes on so much more depth in the book. I just picked up Son of the Witch and I have the 3rd and 4th Harry Potters coming from the library. Everyone is happy. Grim doesn't have to listen to me watch movies over and over again and I get a source of entertainment. -=giggle=-

Anyways, that's all for now I believe. If anything else occurs to me, I'll be sure to write about it.
posted by Valerie @ 10:42 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At March 29, 2007 at 7:00 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Congrats on finishing the UFO (sans hood). :)

    Does that white streak travel througout the entire yarn? Could you possibly start knitting with the other end of the ball to avoid t?

     
  • At March 29, 2007 at 10:24 AM, Blogger Angalor said…

    Wow, That looks so awesome! Honestly I think the white line gives it that one of a kind look handmade look.

    Good luck on the debate, I remember what you said you were going to debate about. I know it's a heated topic so, good luck. :D

     
  • At March 29, 2007 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Great job! I bet you're glad to be done. I don't think you'll need to block it. Blocking is just shaping it. You get it wet or damp and pin it down somewhere in the shape that you want, then when it's dry it's still that shape. More useful for lace.

     
  • At March 29, 2007 at 8:49 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Pretty poncho! I'd definitely make a hood for it but that is a personal thing. I, too, like to burrow into material so I think a hood would be comforting and cozy. I'm lagging on this month's Get Stitchy along too. I'll be posting the FO for this along right in the FO section with you. I still haven't posted pictures of my green hat!! Anyway. I hope you are doing awesome.

     
  • At March 31, 2007 at 11:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That looks great! Son of a Witch, my daughter just finished reading it! She loved it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures