My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Update
Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Alright, I have finally managed to get my arse online and get some blogging done tonight. My weekend in NYC went very well. We left Friday morning around noon, got a half an hour away from the house and realized we forgot the tickets to the show. -=giggle=- Never a dull moment! So we call up the Knitting Factory and I talk to a gentleman about being put on a list for entry. He tells me to call back in 10 minutes. I wait and then I call him back. I get put on hold for close to 15 minutes or so. Needless to say I just turned around and drove home. We got the tickets, used the bathroom and we were on our way again.

The drive went very well. No traffic, the directions were direct and easy to follow. The only problem came when we hit the city. The directions were a little off. We eventually found our way to Laramie's house though and we even found a parking spot out front. She has a beautiful little apartment right in the center of it all. We dropped our stuff off and then went to eat dinner. I will say, nothing in the world is better than NYC pizza... Second to that is a Canoli. -=giggle=- Needless to say, that's what we had for dinner Friday night. Laramie took us to a couple of shops and I got a viynl skirt, a pair of jeans and a really adorable corset top. I'll post pictures soon. Then we met up with Steve and wandered around for a while. We hit up a couple more shops and I got the latest Anita Blake comics. Unfortunately, as I said in the previous post, no knitting store. Next time though, nothing is stopping me. -=giggle=-

We took the subway to the show. I have to admit, I love the subway. It's probably only because I don't have to use them everyday but the whole concept of them amazes me. -=giggle=- Anyways, the show was fantastic. Here are a couple of videos in case you have never heard of VAST. You'll either like them or you won't. =)





After the show we met up with a couple of friends of mine I haven't seen in 5+ years. I knew Louis was meeting up with me, but Chris was a suprise. It was awesome to see them again. To share stories and jokes, it always makes me smile. It's also always interesting to see changes in people. They are similar but different from how they used to be.

We went to a diner with a bitchy asshole waiter. Then we went to Laramie's to chat and hang out. Chris and Louis stayed for a while but couldn't stay for long because of work the next day. It was a lot of fun. More talking and laughing then bed time. The next morning Laramie, Steve and I went out for breakfast while Grim slept. Then once he woke up we went walking around again. I ended up buying another skirt. I know I know, me and my clothes. Then we headed to New Jersey to hang out with Luis, Laramie's Boyfriend. Another Diner, yummy food and great conversation.. Then it was time to come home. I had an awesome birthday!

When I went into work yesterday my Get Stitchy tanktop had arrived, I know I am a dork. Shoosh, I show support to places I frequent. Get Stitchy has given a lot to my knitting so I am sending a little money their way. I was a little backed up at work today but I got most of it caught up. I need to do a bunch of file work tomorrow morning. I also need to finish (start) writing the debate brief for class on Thursday. It shouldn't take long, doesn't really matter, debate is definately my thing.

I am getting kind of pissed off about my SP package. I sent it out last Monday and I still don't know if it has arrived yet. Argh! I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. I can't imagine it should take to much longer, but I don't know how long Regular mail from/to Canada (not giving away anything.. ha ha ha) usually takes. I hope I see a post about it soon. I worry about the credability of the postal service these days.

Anyways, I think that is it for tonight.

Night night all!

Oh.. Pictures.. You can see the trip and friends by going to My Photos.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:41 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At March 28, 2007 at 1:22 AM, Blogger Bee said…

    sounds like you had a good time...and a heck of a detour to jerz :) mail to canada can be a bt of a challenge... give it time ;)

     
  • At March 28, 2007 at 6:44 AM, Blogger Patricia said…

    What a great trip. I haven't been to NYC in a while. Did you break out your knitting at the KF? Probably too dark!

     
  • At March 28, 2007 at 6:51 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I love NYC. Always finding out about interesting places to visit even though I live pretty close.

    Give the mail a chance. I just sent a package to Paris. It took about two more days longer than the post office said it would, but it arrived in good shape.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures