My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

My Package
Saturday, April 7, 2007
came in the mail yesterday! I would have posted lastnight but by the time we got home from game I was EXHAUSTED. So I am posting my goodies now!

I got 2 skeins of Rowan Polar, it's a lovely and SOFT Wool, Alpaca and Acrylic blend. Sooo nice, and it doesn't feel itchy at all. -=does a dance=- Although I have a problem. I am not sure of the weight. -=giggle=- I am still a little new to the whole gauging process. I also don't know what I am going to make it into yet. I was thinking a calorimetry, but Grim said he didn't think it would look right with how short my hair is. So it's back to the drawing board. Don't get me wrong I am sure I will find something to make soon. I have been a pattern hunting fiend lately. -=giggle=- My Secret pal Also sent me 4 Hershey's Dark Chocolate cutes, that have cranberries and blueberries and raspberries in it. There are only three in the picture because I ate one, and it was YUMMY! You'll also notice my little lamb and around his neck are three skull stitch

On another note, my SP finally posted about the stuff I sent her. It turns out she lost her digi-cam and was waiting to find it before she posted. Oh well I am just glad to hear that she liked what I got her.

Knitting wise: I am working on my second wash cloth for Get Stitchy. It's called the Chinese Wave Cloth. I am not seeing the wave yet but apperantly it's gonna show up somewhere. -=giggle=- Here's the start of it.
markers. I adore everything!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH SECRET PAL!

My camera wasn't cooperating and it was about to die so this was the best shot I could get for the time being. I worked on a little bit of the Shawl today while I was at the salon. That's it progressing very slowly. Oh well, better to progress slowly than not at all.

Life wise: I went out and got my hair bleached and cut today. My scalp is very sensitive now for some reason. I know it's the bleach but the cheap shit never burned me. So I got all the icky colors out and re-dyed it. Now I am back to bright as hell purple. -=does another happy dance=-. Lastnight we had a great session of Warhammer, even though I almost started hating Grim for his storyline midway through. For those of you who don't know what Warhammer is, it's a roleplaying game, like D&D but very different story. Tonight is our friend Dani's Birthday and Alien Nation. Yeah for dancing and friends!! I'm wearing some of my B-day presents so I'll take pictures so you can all see what I bought in the city. I think that is about all for now. I am going to go get a nap though, I am a little sleepy.

I'll write more as it comes to me.

TTFN! Thanks again Secret Pal!

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 6:50 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At April 7, 2007 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Polar is like a really bulky weight yarn. I don't think it would work for a calorimetry. I've got some ideas tho that I'll look around and see if I can find the patterns for you. ;) And that lamb is sooo cute!

     
  • At April 7, 2007 at 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    YAY! I'm glad you like everything :)
    Polar is pretty bulky. I think the ball band says to use a size US11 needle and you should get about 4 stitches per inch with that. You've got about 200 yards, which should be enough for a scarf or a hat with earflaps or something.

     
  • At April 8, 2007 at 12:57 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I want to hug the lamb please.

    Nice gift from your SP. :)

     
  • At April 8, 2007 at 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thats a wonderful package that you got! Love that lamb!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures