My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

My New Needles
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Look at these beauties made just for me!

I love these needles with everything! Above you have the full set together.

These are the Day of the Dead needles I asked for. I have always loved the way those specific skulls looked. So when I saw she made them I fell in love.

Then I saw she made custom needles. Which got my wheels turning. What did I really want made into needles. Grim and I are huge H.P. Lovecraft fans (him more so than me) but he was playing Call of Clthulu at the time and it struck me. I want Clthulu and Dagon needles. I sent her a couple of links and this is what came of it. Sorry the picture is fuzzy. The elder gods are not much for having their photograph taken. A link to her myspace is to the right under Scarry Merry. Seriously go and buy as many as your paycheck will allow. I have been talking to her alot and she is a very very lovely and nice person to know. Show some support for a fellow crafter if you can. I'm already plotting my next set. -=giggle=-

In other news... other than the topic of moving being in alot of conversations lately there isn't much else. Grim and I are probably dissapearing to Origins around the 4th of July. Yeaahh! Comic books, RPG and other goodness. I am also looking into the possibilty of traveling around a bit this summer. I love getting in my car and just driving. It's a pain in the ass but I seriously find it peaceful.. I am taking this summer off from school so I can get myself together. My emotions have been all out of wack lately and I don't like it. I hate having bad lows like I have been.

I am however sleeping better for now. My doctor prescribed me some medication that should help me stay asleep instead of always waking up. Tuesday night was terrible. Again, I had a REALLY BAD NIGHTMARE and I woke up, had a clove and relaxed a bit


Knitting wise:

One down and a couple more to go. =)
posted by Valerie @ 8:23 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At April 6, 2007 at 2:51 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Those needles, rock! And yay for FO's! I know how you feel on the sleeping thing. I wish I could take something but I have to wake up if the babies do...

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Those needles are cute, I wonder if she can make Doctor Who ones. :D

    I like th wavy look of the dishcloth too.

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 7:37 AM, Blogger Mistress Pounce said…

    The needles are awesome!

    We need to stop sharing wavelengths.

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 9:35 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    OOOOOOOooooooo...I'm liking those needles! I have no idea what I'd get though, I'll have to take some time to think about it. :D

    Road trips are awesome! I envy you, my hubby has to work all year round. :( So...we don't get a chance to do much road tripping except on the weekend.

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 10:14 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Love your new needles! Her things are so neat and creative.

    I haven't even started something for the April showers along. Your cloth looks great.

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 1:10 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    Those needles are awesome. I love the Day of the Dead needles. They remind me of _Once Upon a Time in Mexico_!

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Pretty needles! And yes, you read correctly, lingerie. Hehehehe...deliciously naughty lingerie.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures