My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

April Knit-Along
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
The wonderful Hattie is heading up the April Showers Knit-Along. This gives me the opportunity to finally knit up some washcloths and bathroom stuff. I hope around Thanksgiving someone picks to do something with kitchen patterns. It's going to be the only way I get motivated into making that oven mitt Grim has been asking for. -=giggle=- So I started on one of the wash cloths lastnight. Here's how it's looking so far...

And it's done with this yarn..

So that's the first one and then I am going to cast on a couple more and call it quits. I did not get to Knitting Group tonight. I had a doctor appointment and to be honest I was too tired to move. I shouldn't even be up now but I desperately wanted some relax time. So I haven't been working on my other projects. I needed a break from the shawl. The poncho I haven't been able to evenly pick up stitches and the gloves while I now know how to pick up stitches aren't cooperating. Anyways, here's the yarn for the other wash clothes.

That's pretty much it I believe. I am very interested to see if my SP ever posts the things I got for her. I don't know why I am soo grrr about the fact she hasn't yet but she hasn't. -=shrugs=- Call me weird, but she shows off everyone elses stuff (she's in a bunch of swaps I guess) but not mine. Makes me think she may not appreciate what I got her as much as she says. Or maybe I am just being too tempramental. I am known for that sometimes. -=giggle=-

Anyways, TTFN.


Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 10:58 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 4, 2007 at 1:03 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Those are great colors! I can't wait to see them all. :)

    I'm sure she'll post about your stuff. Maybe she's just taking a bit longer to do it.

     
  • At April 4, 2007 at 7:21 AM, Blogger Bee said…

    you are so not tempermental... great wash cloth colors :)

     
  • At April 4, 2007 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Wow, I can see how you'd feel upset. But you never know, she might be really busy or something.

    The colors are awesome by the way! :D

     
  • At April 4, 2007 at 3:11 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    I love your washcloths! I need to make some more 'cause I promised my family I would. They (the washcloths) are so great. Anyway. I really like the idea of a kitchen stuff knit-along. Hmmm...You have the little hamster in my brain running on his wheel...

     
  • At April 5, 2007 at 12:10 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    I want to knit some wash cloths so bad, but this month I don't think I'll get any knitting done :(.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures