My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Lovely Day
Sunday, February 18, 2007
I'll sum up Friday first then move onto this lovely day.

So I wake up early Friday morning because of the weather and the fact I have to walk 2 blocks to get to my car. I get to work without sliding around too much. It seems that once you get out of my area, the roads are plowed and salted. Shows how much they care, doesn't it ? Anyways, It would seem that every time I am out sick the President chooses that moment to clean out his office. I had a ton of file work to do. So I hurriedly get through my paperwork and get most of the filing done before my boss gets into work.

This was the first glitch in my day. I ask her what we're supposed to right for the snow days we had. She then looks at me and tells me she still has to talk to the President about it but he wants us to make it up and/or use our vacation time. My natural response is...what the hell ?!? I have restraint, so I don't actually say that. You have to understand it's Friday and there is no way I can make up 16 hours of work. As for the vacation time... we get 3 hours of vacation time for every 2 weeks. I only have 16 hours of vacation time saved up because I already used a large portion last year. This vacation time I do have is spoken for. I was beside myself trying to figure out how to make up the time. So the first opportunity I get, I vocalize my concerns. She understands and tells me not to worry that she'll take care of it. So I continue on and run out to Dunkin's to get coffee for everyone. The guy gives me a free Late for no reason... I thank him and go back. My boss tells me to write the snow days off on my sick time. Alright, so we only have 10 days of sick time a year. That sucks but it's better than vacation time. What I don't understand is why I am being punished for a snow day where NO ONE in their right minds went into work. -=shrugs=- Oh well...
I go to AC Moore, they're out of the yarn that I need for my Grandma's scarf but I do find some more on a website. Other than that the day was alright. We RPGed as per usual on Fridays and it was a lot of fun. I got a lovely early birthday gift from Amy and Davinya. I'll post a picture of it later.

Today: I noticed I got my tax return money lastnight so I planned on hitting up my LYS today. Grim and I had planned on going to visit his family and my favorite yarn store is there. It worked out perfectly. I bought some BEAUTIFUL yarn (pictures will be posted tomorrow). I am planning on making a pair of fingerless gloves so I got yarn for that. Then I got some funky yarn to make a hat that will match the gloves. I am also going to be doing the March knit-along. You make something for a special woman in your life. I found a brown colored yarn that has mixes of different flecks of color in it. I am going to make a prayer shawl for a very old friend of mine. She was actually a teacher at my highschool. She is a great friend, an awesome counselor and my spiritual advisor in a way. She isn't ill or anything but I like the idea of thinking positive things while you knit and I think she would like the idea behind it as well. Call me crazy but I don't care.
I am thinking that I am going to get some Malabringo and try it out as well. I heard a rumor though that it sheds reeaaaally bad so I think I am going to put that one to the boards and see if it's true.

For now I believe that is about all. I'll post pictures tomorrow but for now, Night Night.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 1:51 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At February 18, 2007 at 11:23 AM, Blogger crissy said…

    omg you all are looking like your up here in alaska with me only worse this year for you all . we have 33 degrees and no snow on the ground right now. but still ice in spots so its not worth walking to the library for a change of places to just sit the day away.
    i am so so tired of winter and so ready for spring some plants around here are actually sprouting already. though that is not unusual and we still have green grass in alot of places. weird huh?
    well i hope your week end was a good one and now to go find some breakfast and do somemore surfing :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures