My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Weekend Finale
Sunday, February 11, 2007
It was a good weekend. Yesterday Grim and I went to my mother's house. It was nice to see everyone. I haven't see Dave (my mom's boyfriend) since he went on tour. He's an interesting character sometimes but I like him alot. Grim cooked dinner for the family. Chicken Parm, his secret sauce and penne. It was awesome but with one little hiccup...

The stove blew up. We seriously thought it was going to catch fire. It turns out the element (sp?) blew in it. From what I hear, I was in the living room, it sparked and flamed blue. All I heard was something like a buzzer going off that kept getting louder then a loud *POP*. I ran in and smoke was billowing out of the oven and here's Grim white as a ghost, holding his chicken marinera. I watched as the elemant yoinked itself apart because it was burning orange. It cooled and settled. No Fire, THANK GOD!!

Dinner was not lost though, the broiler still worked and he used that to melt the cheese on the chicken. Dinner was a success if anything, everyone devoured it and I beemed. He was so nervous it wasn't going to come out right. Then we watched 2 episodes of Ghost Whisperer and I worked on my Brown and Cream monk hat.

We go home, relax and then it happens. I realize the pattern isn't working out. I had to cast on an additional 10 stitches to the 40 it called for. This means I changed the whole decrease pattern towards the end. So I am fiddling with it and see what I can do.. Slip!! AHHHH! Dropped stitch! I try to collect it but it just keeps getting more and more tangled. I frogged the thing because I can just start over with my 50 sts and use the suggestions from my fellow Get Stitchiers and do it right this time. Although I didn't think of that then, and I was pretty upset.

Today, was hang out day. I played on the computer, did house work and that was it. I didn't feel like doing anything else. I didn't even feel like knitting today which is typical of me after I have to frog something.

Tomorrow is another work day and hopefully I get my green yarn. I can't wait to get my hat done. It seems like everyone has gotten theirs together and I am still so far behind. I did make one but I have noone to wear it so it doesn't really qualify for the avatar part.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 8:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures