My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Snow Day II
Saturday, February 17, 2007
I did not get to work yesterday. I paid my superintendant to dig out my car and eventually I did get free from the wretched snow. This is what happened after I got free from my parking spot. I needed cloves so I stopped at the gas station and slipped/slid into the parking lot. I go inside and get my smokes. I notice while walking back to my car that I have some snow threatening to free itself and block my line of vision. So I click the button to unlock my door, toss in my purse/keys/smokes and grab my scraper. Now when you have the whole button lock thing, once you open the car door it's not supposed to relock itself. Well it did, with all my stuff in the car. I was completely shocked and not shocked at the same time. This type of thing is just my luck.

So I walk back into the gas station and ask if they have any locksmiths in their garage. They do, but it will take a few minutes. Eventually he comes out and after much fiddling he gets my door unlocked. He doesn't charge me for it... He just tells me not to get into any trouble or a car wreck. Now I am not a superstitious person really but I do think it's weird my car door locked on it's on accord. So I am already wondering if I should work today. The roads are really bad and I just don't feel comfortable. Then he makes me promise I don't get into an accident. That was just weird.

I decide I should at least try to get to work. So I go to leave the gas station, and get stuck in a snow bank. I am getting irritated by this point. After a little while I finally get free because my little car as awesome traction once it gets it's grip. I discover that all the major streets are still unplowed. I slide everywhere, nearly get creamed by a SUV and after that I start to panic. My car is being tossed everywhere and I decide I am going home. It takes me 45 minutes to find a parking spot. I call my boss and she understands (Thank God!).

So later on, Grim and I have to move the car to the opposite side of the road so the even numbered side can get plowed. We decide to take this opportunity to run to the store for some groceries. We do out errands... Guess how long it took us to find parking on the odd numbered side of the street ?...Give Up ?... an hour! In that hour we probably circled every walkable area two or three times. We had some groceries in the car so we couldn't park too far away. After an hour passes we get lucky and find a parking spot 2 blocks from the apartment. We get in, drink tea and watch Shark. The End Thursday.

I am getting tired so I will write about Friday (today) Tomorrow (Saturday).

On the plus side, I have gotten a lot of knitting done over the 2 days I have had off from work.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 3:30 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures