My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A Productive Sunday.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
I have completely emptied out every single email address I have. Boy I was getting behind on those emails. Sorry guys I am a terrible pen pal over the holidays. Then after that I went through and caught up on all the Ravelry group posts ( I was surprised to find there wasn't many). I emailed a couple of people I was interesting in coversating with and then moved onto the next task. Blogs. I went through my entire Friend's list on Ravelry and caught up on all the Holidays News, then I hit my usual reads. After that it was time to start working on my blog. I wanted to add a finished section as well as a Groups and Alongs Section. So I did, then I noticed how difficult I found the font to read. So I figured if it was hard for me, it might be hard for others so I increased the size and made it bold. Does it help at all ?

Now I am blogging before I prepare to get ready to go to my mom's house. We're supposed to help her put together my brother's new desktop. Also, we need to bring over their presents. OMG! I totally forgot to blog about this! My mom got engaged over the holiday weekend. Her birthday is the 21st and her boyfriend of 7 years proposed to her! He set up a suprise party at the place they had their first date. So that got her, then they brought out a hat and started singing Happy Birthday.. Well tied to the hat was a ring and a card that said will you marry me?
HOW CUTE IS THAT! So needless to say, my mom is over the moon.

As far as knitting goes, I am making terrific progress on the Tree Jacket. I am planning on bringing it with my tonight to work on while the computer tech (Grim) works his magic. The Cobweb stole is definitely not going to work, I am definitely not skilled enough or patient enough to work that pattern. So I bought another one lastnight. It's the Feather Lace Shawl (link to the right). I casted on lastnight and I think I am going to do well with this pattern. I am using Sublime's Mohair Blend in White. I went to the yarn store, gift card in hand, and got enough yarn to finish the Accidental Drop Stitch Vest (link on right). Finally!! -=giggle=- I also picked up some black yarn for Grim's fingerless gloves, and Lambs Pride Bulky in Black and Neon Green for the Record Bag I want to make. However, now that many are telling me the Stitch'n'Bitch Nation pattern will work, I might just use it for that instead. Lamb's Pride will felt right? I confess I know nothing about felting. -=giggle=-

I am hoping to get a lot of projects completed this new year. I joined A Loose Knit Along, which is dedicated to working on projects for Christmas. That's why I went ahead and picked up the yarn for Grim's gloves. I also jumped on the wagon and joined Project Spectrum. I really want to be more receptive to color and what I can create with color.

I have a whole bunch of goals for the New Year. My number one goal being the EVER so Typical goal of quitting smoking. I want to but at the same time I don't. I know it's bad for me but I enjoy doing it. You know, one of those things.

Any top goals for you guys?

Anyways, I hope everyone has/had a wonderful weekend.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 1:49 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At December 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    How funny, MY moms birthday is the 21st!

    The bold does help btw.

    As long as the lambs pride is wool and not superwash you should be fine!

    Anywho just sayin hi. ;)

     
  • At December 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Congrats to your mom! :D If it's wool, it'll felt. Just throw it in the machine.

    My goal is to not go insane this year. I have a feeling, aside from getting married, that we'll be pretty busy.

     
  • At December 30, 2007 at 9:41 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Congrats on your mom. You need to show progress on your tree jacket, I have been thinking about ordering that. Have you liked it so far? Anyways, I hope ya'll are doing alright and have a happy new year.

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    You are going to be busy!!!!! I can't wait to see the progress on it all. Happy New Year!!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures