My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A Post!!!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
An actual honest to god post. -=giggle=- Unfortunately, no pictures right now, I have a bunch that need to be resized before I can post them. Knitting updates are at the bottom if you want to skip all the holiday/personal info.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! My holidays were wonderful. It was definitely a year of being spoiled rotten. Amongst the gift list I got a new laptop (my mom), Freddy's Nightmare Box Set (Pounce/Grim), Beautiful Egyptian Earrings (Moontear), Fatal Frame 3 (World's best game! Grim) lovely clothes, a book on the Philosophy of Horror (Pounce), a gift certificate to a book store and my Favorite Yarn Store, and the surprise of all suprises... Tickets to see Phantom of the Opera, Orchestra Level on Broadway!!!! That came from Grim, who knows how much I adore that play. It was on my top ten things to experience before life's end list. I have literally been singing the songs everyday since getting them!

Christmas was not without it's chaotic moments though. Let me tell you about the Pork Roast vs. my tooth... Don't worry it has a happy ending. So, I take a bite of roast and I am chewing along. All of a sudden I feel a sense of... something being wrong. I tell Grim, rather forcefully, to move and run to the bathroom. Sure enough, I have completely shattered one of my back teeth. Upset, I explain to the family what happened. His mother loads me up with gauze and orajel for the evening and we head home. I end up taking an IBprofin and a pain killer. Well, I had an allergic reaction to the pain killer and ended up itching myself skinless all night. -=giggle=- I call work and tell them I am going to be late. So I get maybe 4 hours of sleep. Then I call the dentist and they tell me they are closed until the 27th. Shit. So I go to work, uncomfortable but surviving. The next day comes and I get an appointment at 3:30. Well let me tell you folks, a broken tooth in your mouth can make you feel really sick. So I push on through the day feeling like total hell. I leave a little early due to the bad weather and get to the Dentist office, anticipating another pulled tooth. Turns out, it was only a filling that shattered. The bonding grew weak, split and shattered. So all he had to do was take the part I saved and glue it back on with bonding! To top it off, he didn't even charge me! I am dubbing that my Christmas Miracle. -=giggle=-

Oh, another miracle. I passed both classes this semester with B's!! I totally bombed the math test. Trig will never be a strong point for me. I was entirely surprised that I did so well in Bio though. I think making up those labs and doing well on the final helped a lot.

So over the 4 day weekend I did actually get alot of knitting done. I finished My So Called Scarf. Then on X-mas eve I ripped the Tree Jacket back to start. I managed to get the entire neck done by Christmas Day afternoon, I am currently on Row 9 of the 29 I have to do for the upper body. I set it down after transferring it to bigger needles after I nearly lost all of it while showing Grim my progress. I didn't want to risk my sleep addled mind making a mess of it all. Tomorrow we're going to the yarn store so I can buy yarn for the Cobweb Stole. I am going to be making that to wear to see the Phantom of the Opera.. Hopefully it will be done in time. Wish me luck on that endeavor.

For now my dears, I think that is all. I wish you all a wonderful and safe New Years! Don't get too crazy out there!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 2:21 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures