My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

I'm Back!!!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
This is a really late blog post. To all my readers, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The trip to Mississippi was wonderful. We had some snags in the beginning. Newark, New Jersey airport sucks! First off, we were delayed about 4 to 5 hours leaving Albany. We get to Newark only to see out plane for Memphis take off without us on it. So we had to get a hotel room and hang out till morning. All turned out well though. We got there and had a wonderful time. I could not have asked for a better meeting between my family and Grim. Everyone loved him and he loved everyone in return. I admit to being extremely homesick. I miss them all so very much. Pictures and a movie to come once I get all of them formatted. I did not take a lot of pictures which urks me but I should be getting some from my family.

I'm trying to think of what else I wanted to write about. I did not get any knitting done while I was there. But I have gotten some knitting done this weekend.


Tree Jacket take 2 - I have this weird problem with this particular pattern. I stop paying attention and screw it up! However, the screw up is on a part that is going to be bunched up and unnoticeable. So I am leaving it.. Unless I make a huge mistake, I am finishing this thing if it kills me.


My So-Called Scarf - I like this pattern a lot. It's definitely a yarn hog though. I don't know if I am going to have enough Malabrigo. However, I think I am going to have to rip back a little ways, somehow I ended up w/ holes.


My First Fair Isle attempt - What do you think? I wanted to try a new technique, so I pulled out the Washcloth yarn and went to town. Any pointers?

That's pretty much it on the knitting front. I have made a rule to myself that I am going to stop watching movies I haven't seen before and knitting. That's asking for disaster aka the Tree Jacket and the So-Called Scarf holes. -=giggle=-

I did get the opportunity to see a couple of movies that I wanted to mention here.

Live Free or Die Hard: Decent movie. Typical of the action flick genre. You know, unnecessary blowing up random things, panic, chaos and a hero. Bruce Willis is terrific in his role. The story line was really interesting for an action flick as well.

Shrek 3: Very Cute. Funny in parts, doofy in others. A Typical Shrek movie.

1408: What an awesome movie!! So good in fact I can't believe that Stephen King wrote the concept for it. I have actually read the short story though. It was good but not as great as the movie. For once changes from the original format improved the film overall. John Cusak was perfect for the part. The movie definitely put me on the edge of my seat. I recommend watching this movie to everyone. Oh, but if you get the Director's Cut version, the ending is totally different from the Original Released Version.

The Holiday: Romantic comedy. It was a very cute story. Not the best romance I have ever seen but worth seeing at least once. I'm not to fond of Cameron Diaz but I love Kate Winslet and Jack Black's performance.

The Birds: What an interesting movie. Although not my favorite Hitchcock film but it was worth the time spent on it. It's amazing how he can make anything creepy and suspenseful. I don't see why people worship this movie though.

Bourne Identity
: Wow, Matt Damon kicks arse! -=giggle=- At least he does as this character. I liked this movie a lot. I am a fan of assassin movies though. They are so inventive in their ways of inflicting pain on another individual. How can you not like that ? I am behind the times and in desperate need to get the other two so I know why this is dubbed the best trilogy that has come out lately.

Alrighty... I think that's about it for this one. I have to get some stuff done tonight before bed.

Night night everyone!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 7:24 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At December 3, 2007 at 9:50 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    I like the color you’re using for your Tree Jacket and the scarf is looking good too – I didn’t see any holes. The fair isle dishcloth looks great – I wish I had some tips to impart, but have yet to try my hands at it. I love Matt Damon in the Bourne Trilogy… superb action and like you I enjoy watching assassin movies. I like the new blog layout - where do you find such cool LOs.

     
  • At December 3, 2007 at 10:39 AM, Blogger Bee said…

    Newark airport freaks me out ... and I live like 15 minutes away but I will pass it up to go to one of the others Glad your trip was pleasant otherwise ;)

     
  • At December 3, 2007 at 10:51 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    My mother watched birds when it first came out (my mother the antique...:D) and it scared the living crap out of her. So now, she can't handle being around dead birds. Chickens and turkeys are fine, but birds like crows and sea gulls creep her out.

    There's nothing as bad as the detroit bus depot. I got stranded there for 8 hours without a ticket home. Holy crap talk about scariest time of my life.

    Your fair isle looks really good. A little tight, but really good. Really clean. Some people's look a little lopsided and filled with gaps, but yours is really even. :D

     
  • At December 3, 2007 at 11:08 AM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    Hey girl!
    Glad to hear everything went smoothly with your trip. Love the color your using for the My So Called Scarf!! Isn't Malabrigo just dreamy to work with!!

     
  • At December 6, 2007 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip! And now I'm glad you're back. This is the first time I've actually seen your new blog format and I heart it (I usually read your blog via bloglines). As a dyed in the wool (hehehe) Hitchcock fan, I agree with you about the birds. Not his creepiest but definitely inventive. I saw 1408 at the cinema and was glued to my seat the whole time. It was a great flick. I'm looking forward to seeing the Tree Jacket. Your fair isle experiment looks pretty darned good. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures