My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Riiiiiipppp
Monday, October 1, 2007
That's the sound of the baby blanket being ripped back to one. The pattern was definitely incorrect and I think I sure have used circs instead of straights. The blanket turned out the right size but the pattern was all wrong. The basket weaves were off and just weird looking. So back to the beginning. I am not going to stick to the deadline. First of all, we don't know when we're going to go down there now. or is it up there.. Well, either direction it is.. School is throwing a wrench in plans. I really can't miss a shitload of school or else I am going to be to far behind. As it is I am going to miss a class for Rock 'n' Shock. Then the next weekend, would be going to see her. Two missed classes in a row and I'll be so far behind I'll go cross eyed. So it's been moved back. I figured, I'll get done with it around her due date which is mid-November.

In other news, I am going to cast on the Ravenclaw bag tonight. I ordered the last little things to go in it and now all that's left is the bag. It shouldn't take me too long when I start working on it. Then SKC is doing a knit along with Pattern one! So, number 1 is my choice. If I have any problems I can get people to help me along the way!

Today has also been a sad day. I watched the final episode of Deadwood. No more shall I be blessed by the obscenities and blood shed that only Al Swearengen could provide. Le Sigh.

TTFN All!

Pictures to be posted soon!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 8:16 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At October 2, 2007 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    ugh..*grumble* I hate it when you see an awesome piece of work and the pattern is all wrong! Sorry to hear you're inundated with work and school. You need a vacation!

     
  • At October 2, 2007 at 2:58 PM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    I hate when a pattern is wrong!!

     
  • At October 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I hate when a pattern is wrong. I just started watching Deadwood last night. Got Season 1's first two episodes down. So far so good, you got me watching it in a way, since you talked about it so often :)

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    My family will be crying along with you on Dead Wood. Curses, that dang pattern. Good choice on the sweater it is perfect for you, adorable.

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM, Blogger swansong said…

    DEADWOOD rocks. I haven't seen past Season Two yet.
    I'm dying for Swearengen news.
    And Trixie!
    Triiiiiiiixiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!

     
  • At October 7, 2007 at 9:14 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Travis and I are HUGE Sweaarengen fans and are trying to watch every other thing with him in it. So far so good. Netflix the first season of Dexter and you'll get hooked on that too. It's good stuff. I'm glad you liked Deadwood. We were so sad it was over. I hope you are doing well babe. Have fun on your trip!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures