My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Hello All!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
First of all... It's a toss up for sweater patterns. I like these 4, but I can't decide which one I want to make.

Pattern 1

Pattern 2

Pattern 3

Pattern 4

Decisions, Decisions. However, if I am going to make any sort of progress on the baby items, I really need to concentrate on them alone. So the baby blanket is going to be a basic basket stitch blanket. I was going to try for elaborate but then I decided to be practical. This is a blanket that I want to be able to endure the tests of baby rearing. So sometimes, simply turns out to be the best way to go about things. I ordered the yarn for the dress. It's bright pink and going to look adorable. I am thinking about trying to stitch little flowers along the sides to add a little something to it. I figure even if I don't get it done by the time I see her, it'll be a nice surprise gift later.

In other news, school is going well enough. I hate Saturday morning Biology but I am surviving. I really need to answer the lab questions more completely. I only got a C+ on the first one. Hopefully this last one was filled out more accurately. We had a test today that I was up studying for all night. I think I faired about average on it. Which is exactly what I expect for Biology. My report went well and had all the key points needed. Next on the list is making up the lab I missed. In the math department, I had my first Elementary math class last Tuesday. I LOVE IT! The teacher is sooo helpful and nice. He walks you through everything 3 or 4 times so you really get was he's telling you. Here's hoping this time around math sticks. -=giggle=-

On the work front, I made up all my sick time that I took last week. So I still have one sick day left until the end of December. I was told on Friday that I am also getting a raise. It's nothing huge, only 5% but it's a raise and every cent counts in the long run.

In Media news, I watched The Hitcher (2007) today. Not a bad remake. Probably the only remake that I haven't loathed with all my being. I really need to re-watch the original though. There are a couple of things I remember being cooler in the original. Tomorrow we're going to my mom's house. It's been family weekend for the last couple of weekends. We're also taking my little brother to see Resident Evil: Extinction. I CAN'T WAIT! Apparently my little brother wouldn't go see it without me. I promised him I would take him when it was released so he waited on me to be available. We've gone to see every single one of them together. I also owe him a birthday gift so I'll probably take him to the mall before we go. Rambled a little, sorry about that.

I think that's about it really, I'll leave you with an adorable picture of Sigh. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 1:31 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At September 30, 2007 at 3:22 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    I say go with number one. It looks like a YOU pattern to me. It would be totally cute! Plus the longer sleeves for winter. That said, I've got the other two patterns from stitchdiva lol. And have always wanted to make the other one from knitty. ;)

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 8:19 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Hmmm, that is a hard one, I really like both #1 & #2. Both are so adorable. Sigh is so cute, looks like he is either in trouble or just pouting. :)

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 9:04 AM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    Hi sweety! Holy sweater decision Batman! *giggle* I like the first and last one the best. Though I've seen the Saharah on people and it looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see which one you choose :)

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I lurve the one from stitch diva! I've been wanting to make that one for a while now. The simple knitted bodice is gorgeous! And simple from what I hear. They're all nice, I don't think you can go wrong with any one.

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 6:42 PM, Blogger Patricia said…

    Those are all great patterns. If I really have a vote, I have to go with number 1. It just looks like the most versatile sweater out of the group. With a burst of energy and cash flow, all 4...

     
  • At September 30, 2007 at 9:58 PM, Blogger Kaparoo said…

    I guess I go a bit against the grain but I really liked #2 and #3. (May even have to consider them for myself someday, in my spare time!)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures