My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

4:00 am Update - Picture Heavy!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
So game night has been moved from Fridays to Saturdays since I am now spending my Saturday mornings wishing I was dead (Biology Class 10:00 am). That means Saturday evening is dedicated to catching up and updating my blogs. So here we go.. the Update:

The Week in a Nutshell: Monday I woke up at 6 in the morning to get ready for work. As I am moving around I get hit with the worse case of nausea I have had in a LONG time. I call work and tell them that I am going to be late. I need to rest. I wake up at 7, same thing. I wake up at 9, again the sickness. Finally after it happens two more times, I call off sick. ARGH! The rest of the day is spend movie watching and knitting. Of course, random moments of nausea and the deep sleep that only sickness can bring. Tuesday, I am still feeling sick but I drag my arse to work. I work until around 2 then go to the doctor's office. Determination: A low grade version of the stomach flu. Yeah Me! She gives me anti-nausea meds and I am sent on my happy way. The rest of the week was really long. 9 and 10 hour days trying to regain any sick time I can. And Now...

Friday: Lastnight, our friend's band, Sunset Aside had a CD release show. They booked The Brides as an opening act! I was more than excited. I LOVE The Brides. Of Course I love Sunset Aside too. That goes without saying. So anyway... The major problem with the venue, is that this place is TINY. The tables were pushed so close to the stage it was hard to maneuver. It's an eatery/bar/venue. So anyway... The Brides start rocking out and I can't contain myself. I get up and start dancing in the space available. After two songs or so, Grim gets up and starts pushing over tables to make room and I help out. After another couple of minutes, there are others up there dancing. WOOT!! The more the merrier. So I am shouting along, dancing and having a great time. All to quickly it ends and they haven't played my song yet. So I walk up to the stage to ask them to play one more... Grim knows that I can't project my voice well, so he yells out " Play HI!" I sat at the edge of the stage, hands cupped in begging. Julia (Keyboardist) points to me and says play it for her. She's got enthusiasm! The drummer D.W. says, Yea! Valerie wants to hear "Hi!". They talk for a minute about if they have time and then.. THEY PLAY IT!! I could have flown away! I was that happy. Much dancing and fun was had by all. So we hang out for a bit, I snap a couple of pictures. Sunset Aside sets up and starts to play. They were awesome. I love their sound! For some reason, their music reminds me of a Quentin Tarantino (sp?) movie. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay but a half an hour into their set. Like I said, I have class Saturday mornings. So we head out after a couple of songs and Greg, D.W. and Corey (from The Brides) are outside smoking. We chatted with them for a bit before heading home. They are the coolest bunch of guys I have ever met. I mean I knew D.W. was cool, we always chat with him when they're in town. So to continue, Grim and I won't get married for a while, but if we do... The Brides said they would play it!! -=giggle=- Also Greg is an ordained minister. -=chuckles=- He could marry us. From the sounds of D.W.'s wedding, we might just have then organize the whole event for us. Anyways, lots of fun was had by all. Great times, with Great Friends, Great Bands and Drinks!! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org See pictures!


Corey Gorey and Gregjaw

D.W., Gregjaw and Corey Gory. Some unnamed man snuck into the picture.

Here is also a very poorly lit video. Unfortunately, the lighting was also bad.





Sunset Aside's W Dasgift III, Joe K. & Jason Jette rocking it out!!

W. Dasgift III

Random Photos from the Evening:

Right to Left: Mike (Invisogoth), Grim, Mike (Recluse) and Junko (sp?)

Grim Rocking the Cane! Crazy Boy.

Saturday: Woke up and spent the entire morning, praying to get struck by lightening. I hate biology or maybe I hate it that early in the morning. From school I went to Goodwill (random stop) and checked out their dress boot selection. I found a pair, MY SIZE, Huzzah! I also managed to find two work blouses and a REALLY cute black lace tank top. Oh add another Plath poetry book and The Notebook by Sparks to the list. Next to E.B Games to return the sucky version of "The Fog" for the awesome version of "The Fog". I love the old one and I HATE the new one. Came home, took a nap, made cookies and went to game... Now here I am.. typing away.

Tomorrow: Family day at Grim's parent's house. I need to get some homework done and more knitting! -=giggle=- OH! Before I forget! A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO ADELE AND JEN FOR HELPING ME WITH MY HSKS BAG PATTERN!! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

I think that is honestly, all I have right now. -=giggle=- I did add the picture for the Accidental Drop Stitch Vest though. So take a peak!

Okay it took 45 minutes to write all that out.. Time for sleep.

Night night all!!
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 3:41 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM, Blogger c h r i s t i n e said…

    We have sick sympathy pains :). My antibiotics make me feel like vomit.

     
  • At September 23, 2007 at 1:10 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Aw sweetie! I'm sorry to read you were sick and I'm glad you are feeling better now. I'm also so glad you went out and shook your little booty and had fun with friends. It seems like you needed a good, fun night out on the town with Grim and friends. I can't wait to see photos of the knitting progress. :)

     
  • At September 24, 2007 at 10:45 AM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    It's too early for the flu girl!! Take it easy and glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better *HUGS*

     
  • At September 24, 2007 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Oh wow, what an awesome night! I haven't gone dancing in what seems like ages. Sorry you felt so sick. It never seems to end. We just got over one hell of a cold that lasted two weeks. My husband had pneumonia. Take it easy..*shudders*..biology on a Saturday? I think I had a nightmare like that once.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures