My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Hi There!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
I wanted to drop in and write a quick blog regarding what has been going on lately. Which really isn't that much to be honest. -=giggle=- I'll think through it in lists so I know I didn't miss anything.

School: I successfully managed to run around campus Wed and Thursday and get everything situated for "dropping down" to Elementary Math. Everyone kept trying to change my mind. Eventually, I plainly said "Look, I'm math dumb, I am not going to stay in a class and fail it just to see if I can actually accomplish anything at an advanced level." After that, everything got arranged. Then I went to the bookstore and found out that I can trade in my Intermediate Algebra book for the one needed for Elementary Algebra. Woot!! I was happy about that one. I didn't want to have to shell out another $100 dollars for school books.

HSKS 3: I haven't started the bag yet for my partner. Adele helped me a bit with the measurements and trying to increase the size of the bag. I just get nervous casting on more stitches and making it longer. It's a shaped bag so what if I end up making it look lopsided. If anyone wants the pattern to see what I am talking about, I will send it to you. Also, -=giggle=- I rarely give hints to partners as to what I want.. but this.. is toooo damn cute!! -=wink, nudge=- I am going to be getting the final details together next week for my partner. Then I am digging into knitting the bag. Oh! The Hufflepuff team got full marks for Participation and we found the Snitch! We're now leading in the house race for the cup! -=dances a jig=- I was hoping we would get full marks for participation that way I could do my drawing at the end of the Quidditch season. (End of Oct). I decided that if we got full marks for all activities, we would have a drawing and the winner would get some form of yarnie goodness.

Knitting: I actually did do a little knitting today. Hold you gasps everyone! I swatched for the
Accidentally on Purpose Drop Stitch Vest from Stitch'n'Bitch Nation. The yarn I am going to use is the yarn I thought I was going to make into the fingerless gloves. Turns out, that yarn is a little to thin for those warmers. Not to mention, I am really starting to get irritated with DPNs! They're just tooo damn weird to hold. So here's the question of the day. Can you just use circular needles and get the same result? If not, why? Oh, I also rolled up my first skein of yarn and it didn't knot and take me 2 hours to get untangles. -=giggle=-

Media: Deadwood is so awesome. I can't even accurately explain and do it any justice. The character development and transition is phenomenal! You feel for every single character shown, even the bad guys. The story lines draw you in and hook you! I can't believe they canceled it!!! Grim and I are through the 2nd Season and starting the third and final season Monday. After that, that's it. No more Deadwood. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org Le Sigh. First Queer as Folk, then Firefly, now Deadwood. That sucks. Anyways, continuing on. Keeping to the Western theme, Date night this weekend was spent watching 3:10 to Yuma. Awesome movie! Russell Crowe plays an amazing villian. He's got the look that gives him that edge. Christian Bale, just plan kicks ass as an actor any way you look at it. I love watching any movie he is in. It was just brilliant. Action packed and worth the money to see on the Big Screen. Now, the unfortunate part of this whole movie experience. Were the damn old people not young but older people.. Talking behind us... LOUD. Now I don't know if they couldn't hear how loud they were talking or what... but Jesus Christ. I was getting mad. Grim even politely turned around and asked them to whisper. They just looked at him. So a little while in they still talk.. I grab Grim's arm and move. I was so pissed at these people for not being respectful enough to keep quiet. Kids I can see being d*cks but not these folks. God I was mad. So if you go to see the movie, bring a frying pan in case you have a talker behind you.
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Weekend: Like I said, tonight was date night. We do that from time to time so that we don't lose the fun of going out and doing something. You know, sometimes when you get wrapped up in daily life you just don't have time to be together. We made a promise to eachother never to be that way. So at least 2 or 3 times a month we go out and just do things together. Mostly it's movies because Grim knows that's my thing. -=giggle=- Tomorrow, the school is having a Craft Festival that I intend to go and check out. Wish me luck on good yarn finds.

For tonight dears, I think that's about it.

Night night!


Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 1:38 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 16, 2007 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Circs? Sure. Actually, most people use circular needles to make socks. It's called the magic loop method. They do sell 9" circs at places for like $5 (You'd honestly have to look online. I was sure I bookmarked it, but I guess not. Ugh)

    That key chain is really cool! I like the store it's in as well. I'm going to go snoop now.

     
  • At September 17, 2007 at 10:41 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    As Teresa said, its definitely possible to make small things in the round on circular needles. DPNS are more traditional, because circular needles are a new-ish invention.

    You can either use the magic loop method, with one extra long needle, or 2-circular needle method, with 2 moderate length circular needles of the same size. I would recommend against the super short circulars intended to be used to do a sock in the round normally, because the shortness of the needles and the cables make them fiddly to use.

    And yes, that keyb chain is too cute, if you like HufflyPuffly stuff... ly. =)

     
  • At September 19, 2007 at 7:15 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Congrats on Hufflepuff's win. :( My boy's love Deadwood, Firefly and Jericho and hate the fact they have been canceled. I think maybe Jericho will go another season though. Glad you got the class changed and it didn't cost any more, that can really rack up the dough. :)

     
  • At September 21, 2007 at 12:46 AM, Blogger Jane's Designs said…

    I LOVE Russell Crowe. Now with that said take care and enjoy your weekend!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures