My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Attention!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Hi there morning blog readers,

I am writing a quick blog to ask you a question, and before my boss sees me writing, here it is:

What would be an easy but cute sweater to knit up?

I want to make something for when I go visit my dad in November. However, the patterns I like look way to advanced for me. The patterns that are easy, well they look like they are frumpy.

What do you think? Any advice for a newb? Or should I stop whining and jump into a hard project and see where it takes me ?

Labels: ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:01 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At September 27, 2007 at 10:43 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kkctq-sweatshirt.html

    This is one that I did when I first started knitting. It was so easy. It was just two rectangles and two trapezoids for the sleeves.

    You could also try something like this. I'm not sure if it's your thing or not, but it's fast and really easy.

    http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50562.html

    Hope this helps a bit. Once you start you'll find out that it's really easy.

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 10:44 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Ooops...sorry..guess the links didn't find there way on to the page. Well, they were 5 hour raglan, and family of hooded sweaters. Both beginner projects.

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 11:27 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    How about Tubey?

    http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtubey.html

    I think it would be flattering on your frame, and it looks pretty simple. Its still on my to do list, though, so I can't give any practical advice about it.

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    I say any that are top down...they are simple in construction and you can try it on as you go. Most of the ones from zephyrstyle.com and stitchdiva.com would be good to start with.

    :D

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Have you seen Cobblestone by Jared Flood? You can see it here: http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/07/cobblestone.html and a friend knitted it http://noodleknit.wordpress.com/2007/08/27/grinning-like-an-idiot/ with just a few changes.

     
  • At September 29, 2007 at 8:25 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Hi Valerie, and thanks for stopping by... Wow!! the vest is coming along nicely - great colors. I can't wait to see the baby bottom and blossom totally cool projects. Now as for a sweater, I'm clueless, like you I'm looking for a nice sweater project without too much drama and circumstance...lol - let me know what you decide on.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures