My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A moment of irritation
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
So lately, it seems every time I take the leap and jump into something. I fall on my rump. I tried the bag pattern that Jen help me altered but it turned out wonky. The sides just don't make sense, it calls for increases on one side and not on the other.. Are they trying to make it look lopsided. So I junked it, tried a new pattern. I ended up trying my own thing. There were a couple of points I didn't take into account but I had already seamed it. So whilst trying to remove the seam. The yarn breaks and there goes the better part of the bag in one tug. I still have a little while to get this bag together. The due date for the HSKS swap is the 31st. I wanted to get it done though so I can start on my other upteenth projects.

Here's the to knit list:

1. Fingerless Gloves for Grim's Sister
2. Fingerless Gloves for Grim
3. Tree Sweater for the SKC KAL
4. Baby Blanket

5. Baby Dress
6. Baby Bell Bottoms
7. Brother's Fingerless Gloves

How the hell am I supposed to even get half these done if I keep having to rip everything apart. First the baby blanket, then bag one, then bag two.. Grrr. Sorry.. Bad day. Everything will be better tomorrow.

In the mean time, look at this picture of me and my baby girl!



Labels: , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 11:28 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At October 10, 2007 at 12:54 AM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Oh looks like my bad day jumped over to you! You'll get it. What bag pattern were you having issues with? Let me know if I can help at all. I hope you get lots of knitting done!

     
  • At October 10, 2007 at 12:32 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    take a day off. That helps me like nothing else. Then start with the smallest thing, get it done quickly and feel good about it. It'll help. So will playing video games and killing off a bunch of zombies. :D

     
  • At October 10, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said…

    Hope your knitting goes smoother with no snags. That's a cute pic of you and kitty :-)

     
  • At October 10, 2007 at 2:42 PM, Blogger Jane's Designs said…

    Love your picture. I think Teresa has the best idea and chocolate always helps.

     
  • At October 10, 2007 at 3:54 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Awwww what an adorable kitty. Ok... you are definitely overwhelming yourself... like someone else said start with the easy projects and before you know it you will be whipping through of projects and bad days will be a thing of the past :0

     
  • At October 10, 2007 at 9:59 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Hey sweetie! Sorry to read that you are having a spell of bad knitting mojo. I completely understand the feeling of being overwhelmed by TOO MANY PROJECTS. I'm in the same boat. I just try to focus on one project at a time (okay, sometimes two) and get through them without thinking about the others looming on the horizon. Wine helps. Also, if I work on one project specifically for a long period of time (8 hours or more), I put it aside and do 2-4 rows of another project as a break. That way, I know I've made some major headway on one project and the other project isn't languishing in my UFO pile, calling to me to be knit on. Hang in there, sweetie. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you. Btw, in my next blog post, I'll be talking about some movies that I think you may like so check in on me in a bit, when I finally get a chance to do a proper blog post. :)

     
  • At October 12, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Followed you here from Elabeth's blog. I have a strangely similar knit to-do list as well. I think it is in the knitting gene.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures