My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

The Blog
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Alrighty, I have posted a meme and my HSKS trivia/picture hunt. Now it's time for the blog. -=giggle=- It's been a while since I have posted. So here goes:

Knitting: I started over on my HSKS 3 bag. I am really going to work on it more tomorrow. I really haven't had the opportunity since I have a Bio paper due on Saturday. The Baby Blanket has been frogged back again. I am not a fan of the yarn I bought, it frays way to easily so I am going to buy some better quality yarn before trying it again. Right now, priority one is the bag since I need to send the package out before the 31st. The Day of the Dead package for Christine is done. I really hope she likes the goodies I found for her. My Movie Swap package is nearly done. I just need to wait on the movie to arrive and I want to throw in a couple more goodies before I ship it out.

Movies: 25th hour with Edward Norton was an awesome movie and I recommend it to anyone. It's a little depressing as most Spike Lee films are. However, it's the first Spike Lee movie I haven't hated, so that's saying something. Bride to Terabithia, I was unimpressed with. Although, I thought it was going to be about something totally different. It's a great family movie but -=shrugs=- typical.

Rock'n'Shock: What an awesome outing that was! We left around last Saturday and got there around 3. We immediatly went to the celebrity area to check out the lines. Here are the pictures I got with some of them.

1. Picture with Tony Todd (Candyman)
2. Picture with Angela Bettis (May, Girl Interrupted)
3. Picture with P.J. Soles (Halloween, Carrie)
4. Picture with Electra and Elise Avellan (Babysitter Twins from Grindhouse)
5. Picture with James Duval (Donnie Darko, May, Independance Day)
6. Picture of Daeg Faerch (Halloween 2007) He wouldn't take a picture with me unless I bought something from his booth. To hell with that I say.
7. Me in adoration of the Freddy Glove
8.The Rock'N'Shock Crew (missing Paul)

I'm planning on doing a meme all about Grim. So I will post his pictures when I do that. He turned into a cute little boy when he met Angela Bettis, apparently he likes her. -=giggle=- So the convention was cool. A little less than what I expected but fun anyway. I ended up buying The best of the Nighmare on Elmstreet T'V Show, Death Proof, Planet Terror and Daywatch. Grim got a Cluthlu Shirt and I also got Freddy vs. Jason Earrings. I think that's it. Well I went to include they're having a Nightmare on Elmstreet reunion that I am going to go to.. I looked it up and weelll.. it's in Texas. The plane tickets would be about 350 a piece. No can do... Le Sigh.
Anyways, on with the blog.. After the convention we went to the concert. Lordi, Dark Funeral (Sucked so bad I won't put up a link, in fact here's a picture of me when they were playing.), Mushroomhead and Type O Negative. Lordi was entertaining and epic. Dark Funeral was a REALLY BAD death metal band, Mushroomhead rocked my socks off and Type O Negative left me unimpressed. I love Type O and something has changed. Maybe Peter Steele, lead singer and bassist is getting to old to hit the low notes he once could hit, maybe he's sick.. all I know is I was unimpressed. Not to mention we were unable to leave the concert hall to smoke, so that sucked too. We finally got out of there at around 3 and anyone who smoked was chain smoking to catch up for missed time. I am exaggerating of course. We got home at 5 and spent all Sunday morning catching up on sleep.

Life: Work is going well enough. I went to the school today and got my registration number for my classes. I am going to be taking another Basic Math course and Literature into Film. It should be fun, well one class should be fun anyway. Guess which one ? -=giggle=- Turns out I have to take Math course from now until Fall of next year, then I get to go back to my Psych courses. Wippie! I still have no idea where I want to go, so I am keeping the idea local until I figure out if I really want to move anyway. Which we might.. On a totally unrelated topic, I went to the smoke shop to pick up cloves. I don't smoke cigs and cloves can only be found at specialty stores. Anyways, they sell cards at this particular smoke shop. When I walked in I found out that every card in the store was free. I grabbed a big bag and loaded up. I have enough cards to cover the next 5 years in birthdays. -=giggle=- Which is good, I am a card nut. I like to keep in touch with friends.

Alrighty, it's 11:36 pm now and I need to get ready for bed. Besides I honestly think I wrote about everything.

Night night all

Lots of Hugs!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 10:31 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At October 18, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    You had a rocking weekend hey. You'll evenutally get that blanket done...lol.

     
  • At October 18, 2007 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    awesome weekend! I've smoked cloves before, they were nice. They always smelled so good. I even liked the way they crackled when you smoked them. Sorry about the movie let down. Honestly, I was let down by pan's labyrinth. I had no idea it was a foreign film and it seemed too much gore for me. I can handle gore, but when it's too close to reality it really creeps me out.

     
  • At October 18, 2007 at 12:55 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said…

    I was at the post office one day picking up a package and this cute guy was at the next window. The postal clerk, an older woman who had no business flirting with this young man who could have been her son, was giggling like a school girl in his presence. I looked closer to see what could cause this reaction in the normally bitter postal worker.

    It was James Duval. And he looked soooo cute I nearly giggled myself.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures