My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

We all go a little mad sometimes...
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Brownie points to the person who knows what movie I am quoting. -=giggle=- The reason for the quote is simple... I have been going through HSKS 3 blogs, one by one, looking for the stupid SNITCH! -=giggle=- I started at work and then reworked them when I went home. It never occurred to me to write Adele - Hufflepuff Prefect and ask if they usually send the snitch out immediatly. She hasn't responded. I feel confident though that either it hasn't been released yet or -=giggle=- It's deeper in people's blogs and if that's the case... I will be doing my best and cheering all the while, but putting nowhere near as much time into it as I did today.

Yes.. I am mad.. -=giggle=- Or I just seriously get involved in the things I jump into. Which accounts for why I was dubbed official cheerleader for the Hufflepuffs. First I changed my coloring, then I made the banner, then I went online and located a fight song for Hufflepuffs and posted it on Quidditch day. -=giggle=-

I need to knit more and spend less time on the internet. It is official. Also, it's official... I am a DORK. -=giggle=- Nothing wrong with that but somedays it hits you like a train.

In another news, I am officially OVER 6,000 hits now. -=does a dance=- People are really just coming to see what else I'll come up with to cheer my Hufflepuff Classmates on. -=giggle=-

No new knitting but I did get the bag I am going to be making for my HSKS pal swatched. On that note... I know I have friends out here that know how to alter and change patterns so that they both look good and make sense. I need help making this bag bigger. I know reworking patterns involved a lot of math. I hate math.. which I think is pretty obvious.
I'd really appreciate the help and some little goodies might float your way. Please send me an email if you want to give me a hand or look over the pattern.

Also I wanted everyone to know that I am feeling alot better. For now, I am alright. I have an appointment to see the GI doctor at the end of this month. I haven't had anymore painful episodes. I have gained a couple of pounds back and I am able to keep food in my stomach. I should probably jump on the phone and ask them how my Ultrasound went. They never called me. I guess it's the "No news is good news" mentality of mine. Not to self, call them tomorrow.

School wise, I am dropping from Intermediate Algebra to Elementary Algebra. A hit to the ego but a realistic step. I got the teacher's signature today and I have to get the Dean's approval tomorrow. Intermediate Algebra was an unrealistic idea. I thought I was good on the first day but on day two he pulled out the big guns. I ran away, kicking and screaming. All is well though, I'll start classes on Tuesday next week. I have missed one class already so I am going to have to play catch up.

OH! OH! I need a sounding board on a project! However, I need someone who has read "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath and is NOT involved in Knit the Class (KTC) or is not looking to enter in to create a project. I have an idea but I want someone's opinion on it. Grim sort of just looked at me and said that was cool aka what the hell are you talking about ? Besides that, I think I gave a very poorly description of what the book was about. I will love the volunteer with every ounce of me.

Other than that dears, I think that's about it. Or at least.. I am blanking on any other important details.


Until Next Time..
Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 6:56 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At September 12, 2007 at 8:24 PM, Blogger Piglottie said…

    Well hun, at least you got some Seeker practise in. Sorry about the long wait in replying, time difference and hubby being off work.

    I might be able to help with the pattern, and if not, will probably know a knitter who will so email me with any questions. Same with the Sylvia Plath idea - I had to read the Bell Jar for Uni (although that is some time ago).

    Glad to hear you are feeling better, and thanks so much for yoru enthusiasm and wonderful cheerleading :)

     
  • At September 13, 2007 at 9:32 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hey :) I read The Bell Jar a couple years ago. It's been a while, but if I can be of any help, lemme know :D

     
  • At September 13, 2007 at 10:01 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I think it doesn't go out until Saturday. But at least now you've seen them all!

     
  • At September 13, 2007 at 4:57 PM, Blogger swansong said…

    I read The Bell Jar! I LOVE The Bell Jar. Somebody stole mine :(

    And it's good that you're feeling better, too.

    But yes! The trip got delayed, but for a good reason. Doug is taking his two weeks of paid vacation at the end of his employment there [Rock on Dave for letting him, I say. It's a small company, just him and his boss] and we're staying to collect it. It'll be a good $700, so it's worth it.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 11:42 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Ooo..I have a shirt that says DORK. I wear from time to time, but I usually let my husband wear it :D.

    Wow..you've been busy. School, work, knitting. You need to take a break and relax.

    I'm glad that you're feeling better though. I really hope it's nothing serious. Believe me, if there's anything wrong, they'd have called you immediately.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. You know when I started college, when I was 36, I didn't know the first thing about Alegebra. I started off with Ele. Alegebra, loved it and progress all the way up to Cal II with stratight A's. I'm so glad I didn't let my "adult, 36 year old" pride get in my way. We all gotta start somewhere. It is kinda like my knitting, I've been knitting for years and years, but never knew any other knitters. Over the past year I have met so many and figured out......I'm an idiot. Not really, ya gotta start somewhere.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures