My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Pattern Question
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
If I wanted to make this pattern but with a full back. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would do that ?

Also, does anyone know of any non-sock patterns for fingering weight yarn ?

Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 6:09 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At August 29, 2007 at 9:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Aw! You’re too kind :) It’s funny, but I think it may be the cheekbones. A couple people have told me that I look regal. Of course, that all changes once I start talking and making platypus faces ;) Seriously though, I am totally blushing right now  Thank you for the sweet compliment.

    No kidding! I can’t believe how crazy the last couple of weeks have been for you. *hugs* I hope things start looking up. You deserve a break from this craziness.

    Lemme know if anyone gives you any good patterns for sock-weight yarn. I have a ton and I'm not much of a sock knitter.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 11:35 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I hope you feel better, girl! You poor thing. The only thing I know for fingering yarn is kids sweaters, but if you find anything else, let me know. I horde sock yarn now, it's pathetic. And I love the knitty pattern, but I haven't knit it yet, because of the back. I don't like showing alot of skin, I'm a weirdo

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said…

    For the tank, I would suggest knitting in the round. You can just add the number of stitches you would have used for the waist tabs to the original cast on and knit it up.

    As for other patterns for sock yarn, try fingerless gloves. Or just go ahead and include the fingers if you're so inclined. I found one in an issue of Creative Knitting magazine (which issue, I have no idea but I could copy it and fax it to my fellow Hufflepuffs) that's a really simple 3x2 ribbing. I'm sure there are more on Ravelry.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 at 8:48 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Hey sweetie. No suggestions on the tank at the moment. I'll think on it. However, I'm glad you had your tummy checked out. I remarked to Travis the other day that I was worried about you because your stomach seemed to cause you problems. I have a similarly vengeful tummy. Make sure to lay low on the dairy products and anything tomato or orange based. Dairy makes your tummy work overtime and tomato and orange are really acidic. Anyway. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures