My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Kitty Dilemma
Thursday, August 16, 2007
So I have been absent since Sunday morning when I posted the meme. This is why...

Sunday afternoon we went out and saw "Transformers". Awesome movie I might add. The effects were fantastic. I was never a big fan of the cartoons, I think they were a little before my time. Anyways, we have a wonderful afternoon and come home to find.

Vomit. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Lots and Lots of it. On the couch, floor, rug.. Everywhere. Sigh being the sickly one, most of the time, we assume it's him. Most of the time it passes. So we do what we do, we clean it up and wipe down the house. Then, as I am putting more dirty clothes in the hamper, I smell it.

If you have read previous blogs, I bet you know what I found.

Urine. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Now this, unquestionably Sigh. Kiya has never once gone outside of her box. Not even an accident. I walk in and tell Grim. Unfortunately, the last time this happened we came to the conclusion, we had to do something if he did it again. We have a Vet appointment set up to see if he is sick. If he is, we let it slide. If he's not, discussions continue about the solution. I have asked a friend of mine if she would take him if I needed her to. I won't find out the answer until Monday. We'll see how it works out. If not, we can't bear the thought of giving him to a stranger. There is no way I am putting him to sleep just for that. We just can't afford to pay for damages if he ruins the hardwood floors in the apartment. I think I have said it before. He ruined an entire bedroom when he went on a rampage. Lucky for this apartment. He's only done it about 5 times and all the times were on rugs or clothes.

Needless to say... That upsets me... Greatly. He's my boy. -=frown=-

I'm not done yet.

Today, I call Grim to talk to him about the vet appointment tomorrow. I ask him if he's sure it's not Kiya. He says he doesn't think so.. Then she vomits. Guess it was Kiya. She throws up 4 times in the span of a half an hour. Emergency vet appointment. 2 hours later and $350.00 poorer. It is determined that she has a bug. I am ecstatic about the fact she is healthy. She's my first kitty. I love her and I adore her. Losing the money, still hurts a little though. Lucky for me, I got the loan check cashed today and paid off all debts before this occurred. I still have a little left over.

But Sigh has an appointment tomorrow. -=exasperated giggle=-

That's why I have been absent. That and well -=giggle=- the Record Bag I am working on! It's almost done! I need to make the handles and finish seaming. It's looking awesome and it's huge! I'll confess that I haven't been working on the socks much. I dove head first into the bag project. I have never made a bag before.

I got a package in the mail today!

The yarn is a purple, brown and green. I actually thought the brown to be black but it's still really pretty. I figure once I get the hang of sock knitting. This is going to be the yarn for a lovely pair of knee socks.

I also received this from Patti! Isn't she awesome!

The first button for the bag! -=does a jig=-

A lot of people have been asking me about the tattoo I want. I don't have anything official drawn up yet but here is the basic foundation. Something like this, only in bronze/gold. Earth tones. Egyptian looking.

(I am fanatical about Egyptian mythology and art) Then somewhere I want. "Do Not Bear Witness Against Me" In Hieroglyphics. I have actually translated how it would look via the net. I compared some of the markings to a cartouche and they match. Why would I want this ?

"It is a plaintive prayer to the heart of the deceased not to bear witness against the deceased when their actions are being judged before Osiris."

It's probably going to go in the middle or upper part of my back. I haven't gotten any prices yet because I am sort of hanging around to see if a friend of mine can get it for me at a discount rate. We'll see though. It might take a while to complete and I don't want to get half done with one person and go to another. Like I said, I also don't have it drawn up yet. I don't like flash at all. I like original works. I like unique pieces. So I am sort of sitting on it. I know a couple of people on my blog were/are directly involved in tattoo work. How much do you think something like this would cost ?

Okay. -=giggle=- I rambled enough. Night night dears. Thanks For Reading. It helped to type out my long week. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org


P.S. I probably won't be back until Monday. Lots of company coming!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 9:39 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At August 17, 2007 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Oh man...I'm sorry to hear your kitties are sick. I know my cat pukes if he eats something new, or if he hasn't gotten his mushy dinner (which is given to him so won't get constipated), or if he gorges himself, or if he eats too much ham, or if you look at him wrong. Actually, he pukes almost everyday for some reason or another. I know what you're going through with the puke though. I hope they're ok and maybe it's just some anxiety.

     
  • At August 17, 2007 at 3:42 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Sorry to read about the ill kittikins. She will be better soon. As far as the tattoo, how large do you want it? That will, in part, determine the price. I hope everything else is good.:)

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Poor kitty. Hopefully whatever is happening, can be fixed. My cat at home threw up a lot too...think she ate grass. My parents keep her inside now...she's getting old.

    Have a good weekend!

     
  • At August 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Sorry about Kiya. My Darla, whose 14 years old tends to throw-up if she overeats or when I give her new cat food. The tatoo looks interesting, great colors... yeah how big will it be.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures