My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

The Ren Fairre!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
We had a great time! It was small but a lovely event. We walked around and took pictures. I ended up running into a lovely lady that was knitting. When I saw the DPNs I walked right up to her and asked if she was making socks. She smiled and said yes and then we started talking about knitting for a while. Turns out there is a Period Knitting Group in Albany. They get together about once a month and knit Medieval Patterns. I think I am going to sign up to go to the next one. It should be a lot of fun! I also bought 3 yards of 3 different kinds of ribbon. I am going to be writing her an email asking for more. I don't think I bought as much as I thought. Without further ado here is a video I compiled of all the clips I made from the battles. All the pictures can be found here.

Please comment on the ones that look purposely shot. I want a little feedback on them.


Labels: , ,

posted by Valerie @ 5:57 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At June 16, 2007 at 7:48 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    oooh I love the first one. "Conversating". Very nice. Hehhe..the face of the Baroness is great..it's more like the "yeah, I wear the pants in this relationship!" kinda look. I really like the picture of Mistress Pounce. It's really nice. I like the fact that it's more serene and calm, she looks like a very pleasant person. Gotta love the silly faces :D. Over all they're really good. I like the action sequences a little more though, it leaves a more real touch to the pictures. :D

     
  • At June 16, 2007 at 10:15 PM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    The Period Knitting group sounds like fun!

     
  • At June 17, 2007 at 6:32 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    How completely cool!

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 11:21 AM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    That's the next book on my list! As soon as I finish the 3 that I'm in the middle of now :)

    Have you read any of her Meredith Genty series??

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 10:09 PM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    OMG!! If you thought Anita Blake was hot and heavy wait till you read the Gentry collection! It's like erotica with an actual story line *giggle*

     
  • At June 19, 2007 at 7:06 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I like the first one and the Baron and Baroness. She really does look like she's in charge. I'd really like to dress up like that and play the harp at a Renn Faire when I'm good enough.

    The period knitting group sounds awesome.

     
  • At June 22, 2007 at 10:40 PM, Blogger D.Moontear said…

    Word of advice when used in sewing - preshrink the ribbion just he the fabric >.<. I didn't once and I ended up with a shrunken neckhole.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures