My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

It's About Time!
Saturday, June 30, 2007

Life. I know, I know I have seriously been slacking lately. In my defense, I have been busy at work and with just about everything else. That's only the half truth though. While I have been working a lot, most of the time I am playing Eternal Darkness or knitting. Eternal Darkness will suck your brains out of your ear so that you will never move from the TV screen. I am getting in pretty deep, plot wise. At the moment, I am taking a break. I died, and screamed "F--- You" so loud that I gave myself a soar throat. Never a good sign when you get that into a video game.

Okay, new developments. I am going on vacation Wednesday, so I don't think I will be blogging too much until I get back. Where am I going ? To the best display of geek mentality in the world. Origins! -=does a dance=- I am going to come home with so many RPG books and dice that my car is going to drag on the ground. It's hopefully going to be a lot of fun. I know most of the area Origins is going to be in so it should be nice to revisit old spots. Grim and I renewed our lease for another year. We will not be moving after all. We took a look at
another apartment under the same management. Let's just say, Ewww sums it up very nicely. She literally kept her house like a pig pen. When you saw passed that, the apartment was really little. Everything else we looked at or called about was way out of our price range. Even with the increase of rent this place is still more affordable than anything else. We'll probably be looking again next year, but at least then we'll be better prepared.

On another note, my condition for resigning the lease was to do something about storage. Anyone know of cute ways to provide more storage. I have one closet and a couple little places I can stick things. =)


Knitting. I have finished the 2nd Secret Pal gift which I will reveal to you after I send it. I think it's cute but I hope she likes it. I also just need to get a couple more things for both Swaps and I am done. -=does a dance=- The Sci-Fi swap, I completely winged. She didn't seem to amped to disclose any details, so if she doesn't like what I got her. -=shrugs=- Not to sound mean, but it's not my problem. I seriously did my investigative work for this one. I tried my best. I am CO for my bathing suit. That is going to be my car project. I am also thinking about finding another small project in case I get bored and I have been entertaining the idea of trying my hand at sock knitting. We'll see though. -=giggle=-


Spinning. What spinning ? I did try again and the roving broke and I don't know how to put it back on. So I started hunting for spinning places on the web. I found one! There is a yarn store that has a night where the "Spin Doctor" comes in and answers and questions. That individual will also teach you how to spin if you get there first. So after vacation, I am running over there and demanding some answers as nicely as I can.
-=giggle=-

Reading. Check my reading blog. WARNING: Spoilers for Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.

Games/Movies. Grim and I are still patiently waiting for the September release of Supernatural (Season 2). We have been entertaining ourself by playing the Wii and Aces & Eights shooting sessions. I just saw Tombstone for the first time. Good movie and I will admit I cried like a baby when Doc Holiday passed. Val Kilmer never ceases to amaze me. His range is so remarkable. Next movie on the list to see, 1408 and of course, Harry Potter.

Blogging.

Erika tagged me as a (Thank You!)

and I am tagging
Knituition
and Ramblings of a Crafter

Alright ladies and gents. I am off to do something productive. Well not really. We're going to a 4th of July party today but before we do... we're going to a YARN STORE. -=does a dance=- So I have to go bounce on the bed and get Grim up so we can leave in time. -=hugs for all=-

Write more tomorrow!!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

posted by Valerie @ 11:45 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At June 30, 2007 at 1:54 PM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    Have Fun!! I haven't been to a gaming convention is sooooo long. Last one I went to was MOC down in GA. I never was able to get into gaming that much, my ex-husband was a HUGE gamer, both RP and video, more time there than with me, hence ex-hub. Not the same Mr. X that broke my heart back in February. Anyhoo, I hope you have fun! Everyone needs a vacation! Knit, knit, game a lot and then knit some more :)

    And thanks for the Rockin' Girl Blogger tag!

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Slacking is definitely allowed when one has been hard at work… Ohh you’re definitely a game fiend… lol Have a fantastic vacation… I want to hear all about it. Can’t wait to see which project you finish over your vacation… As for storage, can you find space for an Amoire.. that would hold a lot of stuff or what about storage chests. Again have a Fab Vacation.

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM, Blogger Fancy Pants said…

    Hey sweetie. Have fun and be safe on your vacation. Don't forget to grab the button off the swap blog too. Also, try sock knitting. I'm not a confirmed sock knitting addict and you need to come on over to the dark side (*insert evil laugh here*). I'm hyper excited about the swap!!

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 7:15 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Yeah, when my husband and I were looking for apartments we saw some crappy places. One place wanted a full months rent ($1300) as a deposit plus the first months rent! I thought, wow this place must be amazing! Nope. Roaches on the floor. A busted screen door. Chipping paint. Thick smoke smell. OLD appliances. Cupboard doors missing in the kitchen. Oh and the "third bedroom" was a laundry room downstairs.

    Have a great vacation! I SOOO wish I could go with you. Have fun for me!

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    Have a great vacation!

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 9:59 PM, Blogger Pheelya said…

    The chocolate was fine when I got my package :)

     
  • At July 1, 2007 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Have a great time! I go to MAGFest each year (had to skip the last two due to super busy schedule). It used to be called Mid-Atlantic Gaming Festival, but is now called the Music and Games Festival. Mostly for videogames and fans of videogame music.

    I think I'd be more into pen and paper gaming if I knew some local people. Oh and...knit socks. Try it, you'll love it.

     
  • At July 1, 2007 at 11:58 PM, Blogger D.Moontear said…

    Spinning - Try to split/unravel the roving into it's fuzzy form again and twist like hell at the join until it becomes one :). I think...*ponders*
    I just checked with no luck - but what can it really hurt to try? It -should- work. It's based on the sam foundation of spinning it's self.

     
  • At July 1, 2007 at 11:59 PM, Blogger D.Moontear said…

    *FACEPALM* Sorry, I read it, but it didn't click in my head.
    I have -no- Idea how to put it back on the spindle :(.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures