My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Today's the Day
Friday, May 18, 2007
Sigh is currently at the vet undergoing his procedure, to say I am a nervous mother would be an understatement. I know he'll probably be fine through the procedure but I am more worried about what the hell they're taking off him. What if it really is cancerous? You know, all the what if's of owning or raising anything pops in your head and drives you nuts. I would never be able to have children, I would have a heartattack thinking about abductions and pedophiles near bus stops. Thank God I am not having kids, I might live longer. -=giggle=-

So we'll see, I have to call them at 3 to get an update and be at the office by 4:15 for a visit to talk with the doctor. Hopefully all goes well and I can take him home with me tonight. If not, he has to stay there overnight for observation, which I would actually sort of prefer. You never know what could happen. I'll keep you updated.

On another note, I am very suprised at the RPG responses. Here I thought I was the lone gamer dork of the bunch. WOOT! We are out there. Which leads to the question.. Favorite System ? World of Darkness ? D&D ? Hackmaster ? Details dears, Details. My favorite so far has got to be Warhammer. Such a nitty gritty unhappy and brutal rpg. I love it when I am rolling right, I hate it when I am fumbling.

Speaking of Warhammer, I finished the 3rd novel lastnight. Finally!! I pretty much read from 8 to midnight though. -=giggle=- Needless to say, I really didn't want to get up this morning to take Sigh into the vet. I did and once the initial grogginess wore off I felt fine. I swear these meds are a dream come true, I genuinely have a happier disposition and it's refreshing, I hate being grumpy all the time. The book, was awesome and very very somber/depressing. I highly recomend the trilogy if you're interested in Fairytale/Science/Mediaval Fiction. I believe the author is Sandy Leonard in case you're interested. Next Book: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest from my list!

Oh, on a more interesting note. Yesterday I went to Dunkin Doughnuts for my usual Coffee and muffin. Handed them my Credit Card and took my coffee. He looked at me and told me their system was down. Of course, I have no cash. I go to hand them back the coffee and they tell me to keep it and just pay tomorrow. So I protest and then thank them once they tell me it's okay. I went back today and got the usual. The guy from the day before was working the window. He rang it up.. here's the conversation:
" You forgot to ring me up for yesterdays too."(Me)
" Oh yea you're right. What did you get again?"
" Medium Regular Coffee Extra Cream and Sugar and a Banana Nut Muffin."
He looked at me and said.. "You know we give a lot of people favors. Usual they never come back but when they do they usually lie about their order so they don't have to pay as much. I remember everyone and most of the orders I take on a regular basis, so I know they're lying but I don't say anything. You're the first person to come through and tell the truth and offer to give full payment. For your honesty, keep your money." I protested, because I know that comes out of someone's money. He wouldn't take it and I was taken aback by it. First of all, whatever happened to honesty? The guy could have been trying to hit on me, which I wouldn't notice flirting if it smacked me. It still remains that they have done it before and people have purposely avoided coming back or lied about their order. No wonder people are cynical, most people really are assholes. -=giggle=-

Okay, Long Blog and I need to work some. Talk to you all later.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 11:20 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At May 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM, Blogger Alice said…

    GREAT BIG HUGS FOR SIGH AND VAL!!! I hope all goes well. I am praying for him.

    And what ever did happen to honesty??? I get the same thing. One time I was at Borders and had to go back into the store 3 times because the clerk didn't charge me for everything. Every time that I came back, he looked at me like I was nuts! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of cheating someone out of money.

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 1:51 PM, Blogger Bee said…

    ooh keeping fingers crossed for the kitty hope all goes ok. Love that Dunkin guy rewarded your honesty and even more that you were honest with him!!yay that should add up to good karma too ;)

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 1:52 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    Good thoughts coming for Sigh!

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 2:03 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Oh no, I hope Sigh is going to be ok. My cat once drooled horrendously and had kept his mouth open while doing so. I thought there was something terribly wrong with him. Turns out he had heart burn from sneaking onions!

    My mom would probably love reading warhammer. She read all the Doom series and watched the entire Alien trilogy.

    As for honestly..no, you're right, people are pretty much jerks. I think it's because most people are selfish and out for themselves. Me? I was raised in a family where you NEVER thought of yourself first. Everything was family orientated. Guess there's a lot of spoiled children out there disguised and adults clothing.

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 6:18 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I've only ever played Vampire. I'd probably get more into it if I knew others who liked it, but I don't anymore.

    My friend in Canada likes Warhammer. He's in a little tourney right now and last time I talked to him, he held first place.

    Hope Sigh makes out OK.

     
  • At May 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    I hope he's ok!!! Poor baby. Let us know!!!

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 12:33 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    Hoping all is well... and can sympathize with you I am an owner of 2 dogs and a cat. Thanks for posting... My daughter calls me the crochet speed demon...lol. I have a lil over an hour commute to work and it allows me to get a good amount of crocheting in... and once I'm nearing the finish line on a project I will stay up into the wee hours to complete it... Total Crochet Addict..lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures