My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Sunday (Warning: Image Heavy)
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Here's my Sunday For the Masses. There is a Festival that goes on around this time every year called the Tulip Festival. I mentioned it in my previous blog, because I was cursing about the lack of parking available. Anyways, I decided that since I had never been that I should go and check it out. So that's what I did. It's what I expected really. A shit load of people in a little space with overpriced stalls and food. However, I love that sort of thing. I love festivals and stalls. I love browsing. I do not like pushing my way through crowds so I did a couple of laps to cover everything before I skipped on out of there. I am proud of myself, I only spent 2$ on a lemonade, which is my guilty pleasure at fairs. Well because it was the Tulip Festival, I decided I wanted some shots of the new flowers they planted this year. This is my shot at photography. Let me know what you think please.

I named this one "Wonderland". It reminds me of when Alice meets the talking flowers. I don't know why I decided to name them. It is not my usual thing but hey, it gives them personality.
"Passion and Love." The vibrant red made me think of Passion and Lust. The single Pink reminded me of Love intermingled with that.


"Strength" The wind was blowing hard but these guys were seriously unbending.


"Heaven" I took the shot, not knowing what it was going to look like. When I went in to review it struck me that it's entirely peaceful and calm. So it got the name Heaven.


"Innocence". I know it looks like a Halmark Card but she was too cute. She wasn't interested in any of the children's activities. She wasn't paying attention to anything else other than the flowers. She went through and looked/smelled everything single color of flower.

It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it but I was happy my house was right acrossed the street so I could run to safety. The rest of my day was pretty laid back. Video games and knitting then a movie. First off, the knitting.
I need some help. I don't know if I am doing this damn Garterlac Cloth right or not. I am confused on where the hell I should pick up the stitches for the second square. Have a look. Tell me if this is messed up or not.


It just looks weird to me. So I am taking a break on it until I get some feedback. In other knitting news, I am done with my first ball of yarn for my Stepmom's Handtowel. Here's the progress:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love it, the camera really didn't capture how beautiful the colors are though. I'll post a better one on the progress button.

Now the movie: 28 Week Later. It was alright. Would I go see it in a theatre? Probably not. I liked the zombies as per usual. I liked the characters. The first scene was incredible but overall it was predictable. It was also rushed and a smack in the face to the first one. I mean seriously, the first one was awesome! The second one, if you decide to do one, should at least be original. Alas, it was lacking. I liked it but it was not fantastic. Next movie I have to see in the theatres. Harry Potter, and the Order of the Pheonix. Yeaahh!

Wow, I wrote a novel and I still feel like I am forgetting something. Oh well. More to write tomorrow.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 9:47 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At May 14, 2007 at 8:15 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I think 'Heaven' is my favorite. I wish I could help you with the entrelac, but I don't know how to do it. :/

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 8:38 AM, Blogger Knitted_Painting said…

    ahh I love Tulips, maybe stereotypical as I'm Dutch and that but their my fav=D Fairs are the best I wish we had more here=( you're pictures are great! I like Innocence best=) they all have very nice colours in them aswell=)
    The handtowel looks kool I'm sure she'll love it=D
    can't wait for the new Harry Potter! I'm also going to watch the new Spiderman in the cinema soon=D

    Petra

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 9:21 AM, Blogger AR said…

    I love tulips! That pic of the little girl is too cute. I like to smell every color of flower, too. LOL

    Your garterlac looks ok to me. I've done a few, but the first time I kept ripping it because it looked so weird. Keep going, and see how it looks. :)

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 11:09 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    That little girl is absolutely adorable. My daughter is like that, she loves flowers.

    Well, to be honest I've never tried entrelac. I want to do Eunny Jang's entrelac socks from the last interweave knits mag, until then I couldn't help you :(.

    I so want to see 28 weeks! I just watched Tenacious D and the pick of destiny. (I'm a BIG Tenacious D fan.)That was my mother's day gift :D!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 at 12:44 PM, Blogger Romi said…

    Oooooooooh. Gorgeous!

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the picture of the yellow tulips. I totally agree with your title 'heaven.' It makes me feel like I'm Thumbelina and can lie underneath the flowers and look up at the sky. Really quite a surreal feeling. Great!

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 6:55 AM, Blogger Patricia said…

    One of the flowers that I miss so much are tulips. Its just too hot here. Enjoy them for me, please.

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 9:00 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Hi again! I tagged you with a meme. Stop over to my blog and see if you want to play along. :)

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Sheila said…

    The Tulips are stunning… my favorite is Strength… hey your real good at photography. Pretty dishtowel… what yarn did you use… love the variegated colors. I want to see 28 Weeks Later too. Thanks for posting on Zephyr.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures