|Goals for the 26th year
- Quit Smoking.
- Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).
- Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).
Leave the State for vacation.
- Pay off my credit cards.
- Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)
- Publish writing.
- Sky dive or bungee jump.
- Start a work out routine.
- Debate with someone and try to see their side.
- Walk for a cause.
- Take a dance class.
- Read a book a month (at least).
- Give a gift to a stranger.
- Hang out with my brother more often.
- Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.
- Volunteer my time outside of school.
- Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).
- Maintain a sick time balance at work.
- Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.
- Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)
- Learn to walk in heels!
- Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).
- Take a financial workshop.
- Learn to cook/cook more often.
- Go Camping!
- Stop spending all my money on coffee!
| The Start of My Poncho
| Wednesday, January 24, 2007
|It's coming along nicely and knitting up really quickly. I am hoping to get this done before the first of February so that I can start on my Green Hat. The day was uneventful really. I skipped out on Spanish class because I went to the dentist today. I ended up needing to get a tooth filled. Blegh. Novacaine always makes me feel sick and I just in an all around bad mood.
I have a presentation due tomorrow. I am going to write it up tommorrow and get the ingredients. I was originally going to make plaster cast masks. I don't know why it is easier for me to find the plaster in a place like Ohio but it was. I have called dozens of stores, went to countless pharmacies. I got lucky when I went to my former podiatrist but he didn't have enough to give me the full amount that I needed. So plan B. I was thinking about demonstrating how to knit. That however is really not condusive to an actual demostration, besides I amalot better just doing something than I am teaching someone else step by step.
I finally decided on making Muddy Buddies. They have a microwave downstairs for me to melt the ingredients and it doesn't take much. Besides everyone likes eating demostrations. Here's the recipe.
|9||cups Chex® cereal (any variety)|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|1/2||cup peanut butter|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|1 1/2|| cups powdered sugar|
|1.||Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.|
|2.||In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.|
|3.||Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.|
Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Enjoy! More to come when I get the time for more knitting, or something else note worthy comes up.
Labels: Poncho Goodness
|posted by Valerie @ 8:45 PM
Hope your presentation went well, my daughter made some of the candy for the holidays and its very yummy.