My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

Circular Knitting
Monday, February 5, 2007
This is my first attempt at circular knitting.



Not to bad huh ? So I am actually finished with the Green Hat I was making. Unfortunately, the cast on number for the monk hat was waaaayy smaller than I thought it was. So this is going to be a gift for a cousin of mine that loves hats.

Cute isn't it ?!?!? Sorry I am tooting my own horn alittle bit. It was sooo much fun to make. I can't even think about frogging it so I figure, why not give it away. I'll order more yarn from knitpicks tonight. I worked on my mama's scarf for a while lastnight. I figured since I had no desire to watch the Superbowl it would be perfect knitting time. I also got lucky and found the same color yarn at A.C. Moore to finish my Boyfriend's Brother's scarf. I didn't think I was going to be able to locate it.

Non Knitting related - I had a blast for the better part of Saturday. I got my hair cut, hung out with my mom and my brother. Then of course there was the club. The first Saturday of every month is Alien Nation, a local Industrial/Goth night in Albany. This month they had a Valentines Day Formal Theme. It was awesome!! Grim dressed in a suit and I dressed in my old homecoming dress. We danced, drank, socialized and got to hang around awesome people. If you check out my myspace you will see some of the pictures taken of me. Hopefully soon we will have the photos shot of us at Alien Nation. I'll post when I get them. Sunday we spent time at Grim's parents house. Pasta.. mmmm Yummy.. Then of course we watched the Superbowl and alternated between that and Ghost Hunters. Good times.

Today, back to work.. It was busy but -=shrugs=- Mondays usually are. Tomorrow I think my boss is taking me out for lunch again. I have a doctors appointment to go to after work. Sometime I have to get some studying in. I seriously bombed that test last week. Maybe I should be studying instead of writing in this thing.. Better go get to it then.

Labels:

posted by Valerie @ 8:31 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures