|Goals for the 26th year
- Quit Smoking.
- Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).
- Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).
Leave the State for vacation.
- Pay off my credit cards.
- Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)
- Publish writing.
- Sky dive or bungee jump.
- Start a work out routine.
- Debate with someone and try to see their side.
- Walk for a cause.
- Take a dance class.
- Read a book a month (at least).
- Give a gift to a stranger.
- Hang out with my brother more often.
- Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.
- Volunteer my time outside of school.
- Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).
- Maintain a sick time balance at work.
- Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.
- Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)
- Learn to walk in heels!
- Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).
- Take a financial workshop.
- Learn to cook/cook more often.
- Go Camping!
- Stop spending all my money on coffee!
| The Lovely Weekend
| Sunday, January 28, 2007
|It's snowing out today so I have been holed up inside. I missed my Enterlac class which sucks but what can you do. The roads were rrreeeaaally bad and my life is more important than a class. Besides I want to live to be able to use the ability anyway. So I stopped off at the library because I drove in a big circle to get home and library is on the way. They had a couple of books I wanted on hold for me. DomiKNITrix and a new speed knitting book. I was hoping to find a cool pattern for my grandmother's scarf. So far that has been unsuccessful. I put it to the boards and we'll see the suggestions.Then I rented mindless movies I have seen a dozen or so times to knit to. Winners: Down and Out in Beverly Hills and She-Devil. Reminder to self: Stop keeping them until they are way overdue.
I came home after that and did a complete and total clean job on the apartment. I even washed the bathroom floors. I get weird cleaning urges like that. Usually it's best to leave me to it until I fizzle out or something. I am doing all this on five hours sleep. Don't ask me how I stayed awake this long. I even made muffins. -=giggle=- So after all is said and done I am getting stir crazy and cranky because I am starting to get sleepy. Instead of sleep, I go out to A.C. Moore and buy my 7" straight bamboo needles for my lace shawl and cable needles. (Thinking about Cabling my grandma's scarf). The lines were hellish and I seriously mean it when I say that these women do not get paid enough to put up with the shit people give them. She told me what she made, (without my asking because while I may be a curious person I am not rude) and I asked her if they chipped in hazard pay on days when they have sales. She laughed. I wasn't kidding. People were unnecessarily rude. Although I made a women's day I believe. I had an extra 50% off coupon so I just asked if she had one, when she said no I handed it to her. I wasn't going to use it and if you don't have to pay more for it, then why should you ?
Anyways, so I finally get out of there and go to Pet Smart. Get stuck in line behind a guy who is hassling another clerk. Eventually I get checked out while fighting off the urge to go and adopt all the kitties they have on the adopt a pet wall. I get home, knit for a while... sleep an hour exactly.
Dinner, A movie, company. I finally got to see my friend before he leaves tomorrow. Other than that, nothing else to report. My presentation went very well. I got sick on Thursday from a dentist appointment procedure on Wednesday. ( My body does not like Novacaine). I might have to work a bit tomorrow morning. I hope not but we'll see. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day and nothing else. I want to knit up at least part of this poncho.
I am off for a bath and bed.
|posted by Valerie @ 1:18 AM