My Little Piece of The Net

 
Goals for the 26th year
  • Quit Smoking.

  • Write to Someone I Admire (Can be anyone from friend to celebrity).

  • Send 27 Post Cards (I miss connecting with people outside of the internet).

  • Leave the State for vacation.

  • Pay off my credit cards.

  • Give handmade gifts for special occasions. (Due to my schedule, I will give as many as I can)

  • Publish writing.

  • Sky dive or bungee jump.

  • Start a work out routine.

  • Debate with someone and try to see their side.

  • Walk for a cause.

  • Take a dance class.

  • Read a book a month (at least).

  • Give a gift to a stranger.

  • Hang out with my brother more often.

  • Seek Grammar/Writing Education Opportunities.

  • Volunteer my time outside of school.

  • Stop to reflect on the good things. (May decide to blog it, may decide to write it down in a journal).

  • Maintain a sick time balance at work.

  • Save up for a cushion/emergency fund.

  • Slumber Party/Diva Evening. (I miss sleep-overs!)

  • Learn to walk in heels!

  • Bring lunch to work (at least 3x a week).

  • Take a financial workshop.

  • Learn to cook/cook more often.

  • Go Camping!

  • Stop spending all my money on coffee!

A little help here.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Okay so I am thinking about knitting the Lolita Stockings with the yarn my Secret Pal got me. Now... first question: Do you think the socks will look right with the colorway ? Second Question: In the pattern when it refers to gauge. What the hell is this ?!?!

GAUGE
20 sts/??? rows = 4" in stockinette stitch


Like seriously, could they have been any less of a help here.

Anyone know of any cute long sock patterns that are easy ? I don't like short socks and I have only one pair of ankle socks that I wear when all the laundry is dirty.
posted by Valerie @ 12:03 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At May 9, 2007 at 2:19 PM, Blogger Spun Stitches KAL said…

    Well, when you knit St. stitch you knit one side and then purl the other, (I'm sure you're saying duh right now). But gauge means, you actually take a ruler and measure out 4" across the swatch you knitted and see if 20 stitches fit inside those 4". Is that what you're asking?

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 2:23 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Sorry, bet you're wondering who spunstitches was...that's me. Oh I checked it out and 20 sts/???rows = 4" means that she doesn't really know how many rows there are so she couldn't really measure it. I'm guessing. Usually it's something like 20sts/15 rows = 4" square. 15 rows up and 20 stitches across.

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 4:46 PM, Blogger Hattie said…

    Hmmm, here's my guess. Either the row gauge doesn't matter much or like teresa said, she wasn't sure. And you have to just figure out what needle size will get you the 20 sts per inch gauge. So try like a 6 or something and then go from there. :D

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I'm thinking the row gauge doesn't matter. It's construction doesn't seem require a row gauge.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Valerie
Home: Troy, New York, United States
About Me: I am 26 years old. I work, go to school, participate in roller derby and knit every chance I get. Oh, I also love hanging out with my boyfriend (Grim) and two cats (Kiya and Sigh).
See my complete profile
Daily Reads
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

BLOGGER

© 2005 My Little Piece of The Net Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Car Pictures